Expedition / Navigator

Empty MAG Nag

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 10:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Empty MAG Nag

New to the site - been reading for hours and have not found my answer - please help guesses will be fine!

2000 - Navigator stock everything. Stereo displays "EMPTY MAG" error after cycling through the changer. Yes the 6-disk cartridge is loaded correctly and works in my buddies Expedition. I have ripped out the unit and was going to buy a new on but holy bat s*it batman 300 bucks! More than that at the dealer.

Is there anything you can think I can do to fix the issue? Or is it a smash a buy a new unit?

Thanks for the help,

Jamie

Old 11-18-2004, 12:15 PM
Did you try a Google search?
I did a quick one for "Empty Mag Error"
One of the links

Old 11-18-2004, 01:09 PM
you could always get a new changer from ebay. They go for around $100 with shipping. I am going to have to do that for my wifes Expy, or I might upgrade the whole system, not sure what I will do yet.

Old 11-18-2004, 01:54 PM
Searched the net high an low. Just was wondering if anyone got the message and was able to fix it. It looks like it's off to buy a new one...

Old 11-18-2004, 03:54 PM
One thing, is there power to the changer? Make sure it is making the cycling noise when loading the changer, which I know you did. Sometimes the unit becomes unplugged (if i remember correctly there is more than one connection) for various reasons, such as messing around in the console trying to cut in a VCR player and having to unplug everything, oops that was a secret, but seriously just get one on EBAY.

Quick Reply: Empty MAG Nag