Expedition / Navigator

600 horespower expedition.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 07:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 600 horespower expedition.

Sorry its not actually built yet,just a thought for now.I'm a lightning owner currently pushing 476 wheel horsepower actually around 500 now after some new mods done but havent had it dynoed since 476.Im looking to get the new whipple when it comes out and i'm thinking of buying an expedition and switching everthing over to the ex from the lightning and selling the lightning.Just curious what kind of time do u think it would be capable of in the 1/4.

Old 11-29-2004, 01:49 AM
I personally am not too sure but there are a few guys on here that have supercharged Expy's. That is something I'd LOVE to see on video.

Anyone know if we can post pics or videos or do we have to host it from another site?

thx

Old 11-29-2004, 01:49 PM
I've got an ATI Procharger on my Expy. It's fast, but because it's so heavy it's not the fastest vehicle on the road.

At around 5,800 lb., you're gonna need a lot of power to get a fast time thru the quarter...

I haven't been to a dyno since I got my new cats, and I've never had it on a track. I'm likely right around 300rwhp, was at 280rwhp with clogged cats.

I'd *guess* it would turn a low-15 quarter if the moon and planets are aligned... again, a total guess, but likely a decent one based on the power curve and vehicle weight.

Old 11-29-2004, 11:11 PM
I was waiting for the new Whipple for my Expy, and instead I brought the Excursion. Who'd a thunk it?? Trade for a bigger, much heavier Truck and am faster than I would have been with a Whippled Expy!

Old 12-02-2004, 11:31 PM
Sweet truck! The tunebility of turbodiesels makes them a great new hot-rod motor.

You'll be able to make more power - at a reasonable cost - than your tranny can handle.

Quick Reply: 600 horespower expedition.