Expedition / Navigator

Fuse #18, instrument panel backlight (Classic Expedition)

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 10:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fuse #18, instrument panel backlight (Classic Expedition)

Last month fuse #18 popped on my 97' Expedition and I replaced it with another, no big deal. A couple of days ago it popped again. This fuse powers the instrument panel back light and is a 5 amp mini-fuse. Anyone have this problem before?

-eddie
97'X

Old 12-10-2004, 12:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No but I am a sportbike freak. Everything is knitted tight on a bike, Actually that's why I got the Expy. Getting tickets for riding whelies and rolling on my front tire for 50ft with the rear in the air, yea, the stoppie. I have some professional buddies that do far longer. But anyways, that is my pastime.

Anyhow, alot of time when we do light kits (cutting the stock "arms or legs" or other electrical like cutting away the rear fender to give a more clean look. You cut then splice your own wires or what they call fender eliminator kits. But if you have a small piece of wire somewhere touching the ground.

You'll have to follow the wires out. Also a volt meter will help to check the amount going to each wire. IN your big ride, I do not know what but go to auto zone b/c oreily won't do it. Have then run a check on you chekc engine light. I know you must have one on, and follw through that route...

Something is rubbing somewhere or it is a foul electrical part man....

That's my 2c....

Quick Reply: Fuse #18, instrument panel backlight (Classic Expedition)