Expedition / Navigator

Seat/mirror memory in an XLT?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 07:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat/mirror memory in an XLT?

I'm looking for an '00 - '02 Expedition. Among the things I'm looking for, I want the seat / mirror memories, but don't really want the EB two tone paint.

Was this ever an option for the XLT? Also, was it standard on all EB's or still an option on those too?

thanks
--Dan

Old 02-15-2005, 08:58 PM
Why don't you get an EB and just take the mouldings off and have them painted body color? I owned a '97 and '00 and can't say for sure if the mirror, drivers side, was memory. It probably was, just can't remember.

Old 02-15-2005, 09:37 PM
00 EB has memory

Old 02-15-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by MHMCGILL
Why don't you get an EB and just take the mouldings off and have them painted body color?
That's probably just what I'll do. Do you know about the factory EB stripes though? Can they be removed? I have a feeling they may be underneath the clear coat.

--Dan

Old 02-16-2005, 07:48 AM
Factory stripes are never under the clear coat.

Old 02-16-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by alwaysfords
Factory stripes are never under the clear coat.
Really? So, does that mean then that I could use a heat gun to soften and pull them off, followed by a good buff/wax job?

thanks
--Dan

Old 02-17-2005, 07:47 AM
If you want to prove that they are not under the clear coat run your nail along the body and you will feel it catch on the stripes. If they haven't been cleaned along the edges you will also see a build up of gunk (left over wax, soap, etc along the edges). You will be able to get them off but depending on how long they have been there and what color the body is there could be some color difference - the color under the stripes will not have faded. You could also have a body shop do this for you real cheap.

Trending Topics

Old 02-25-2005, 12:20 AM
Re: Seat/mirror memory in an XLT?

Originally posted by houlster
I'm looking for an '00 - '02 Expedition. Among the things I'm looking for, I want the seat / mirror memories, but don't really want the EB two tone paint.

Was this ever an option for the XLT? Also, was it standard on all EB's or still an option on those too?

thanks
--Dan
Why not look to pick up a Navigator in those years. Prices have gotten pretty reasonable and have all the bells and whistles with a sharper look in my opinion. Mine's had the bumpers monochromed and slightly lowered to give it a cleaner look.

Quick Reply: Seat/mirror memory in an XLT?