Expedition / Navigator

NAPA PArt # for Front AIR SUSPENSION

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 11:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NAPA PArt # for Front AIR SUSPENSION

I was just given a NAPA part # of "40004" for a replacement front air shock for 4corner air suspension 4x4 Expy. When you put the napa part # 40004 in the napa web site, it comes back with "Specialty Front Shock", and sells for under $80. Can anyone confirm that this is an accurate replacement for our stock shock??

Old 02-17-2005, 01:49 PM
I think you're on to something. This is the same part that several months ago NAPA wanted ~$200 each. I bet it was a mistake. Can't confirm if it's the right part or not but they should take them back if not....I think I'm on my way to check at the store...Thanks,Smithj

Old 02-18-2005, 09:21 PM
Re: NAPA PArt # for Front AIR SUSPENSION

Originally posted by sixguy
I was just given a NAPA part # of "40004" for a replacement front air shock for 4corner air suspension 4x4 Expy. When you put the napa part # 40004 in the napa web site, it comes back with "Specialty Front Shock", and sells for under $80. Can anyone confirm that this is an accurate replacement for our stock shock??
Are you sure that's not the replacement shock without the air ride suspension? That sounds pretty cheap for an air shock.

Old 02-19-2005, 09:12 PM
shocks on order..

Well, I ordered the shocks from NAPA. I'll let everyone know if they are indeed the correct ones. The part description sounds correct.

Old 02-21-2005, 03:55 PM
Please let us know.

Old 02-21-2005, 09:28 PM
I picked up my shocks today. They definitely look like the correct shocks. They actually have "Monroe" stamped on them. I won't get the chance to install them till this weekend. I'll try to follow up after the install.

Old 02-22-2005, 08:17 AM
Tenneco Automotive, the makers of Monroe and Rancho shocks and suspension products, does indeed make these shocks for Ford.

I spoke with a Rancho tech not too long ago and he was able to give me detailed specs on the Ford/Lincoln OEM LLS shocks.

I'm guessing that Monroe's "OEM exclusive" contract w/ Ford ended and they are now allowed to sell them via aftermarket channels.

I have every confidence that these are the very same shocks you would buy from the dealer, save for the "Monroe" stamping.

JAMES.

Trending Topics

Old 03-05-2005, 03:09 PM
I finally got the shocks on yesterday. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! I didn't realize the front shocks were as bad as they were until testing the new ones... Install is a breeze, but found that I had to remove the bottom mount of the ride-height sensor to be able to remove the shock...

Old 03-05-2005, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the report.

What is the year and mileage of your vehicle? What was the improvement in ride or handling quality?

What did you do with the air suspension system during the shock exchange? I presume that those air lines were pressurized. Is there a procedure for depressurization prior to replacement?

Thanks!
JAMES.

Old 03-06-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by sixguy
I finally got the shocks on yesterday. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! I didn't realize the front shocks were as bad as they were until testing the new ones... Install is a breeze, but found that I had to remove the bottom mount of the ride-height sensor to be able to remove the shock...
How do you remove the air line from the shock?

Old 03-08-2005, 09:49 PM
my Expy is a 99 4x4 Eddie Bauer Edition, 5.4 liter with the 3.73 rearend. It has about 108K on it now. I replaced the rear assist shocks lat year with Bilsteins. I immediately noticed improved ride. As far as the install goes, all I did was turn off the air suspension system, and disconnected the battery. There's a green "ring" around the air hose. Just press in the ring, and pull out the hose. It's as easy as that. On install you simply plug in air hose.

Quick Reply: NAPA PArt # for Front AIR SUSPENSION