Expedition / Navigator

1450 CODE surging

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 09:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1450 CODE surging

Check engine light came on C/W download and the code was 1450 emission !@#$%. The guy at the Auto parts store said it might be a gas cap. Tried one and then sent my wife on to night school.. Been chasing this surging problem for sometime, no codes . Replaced the TPS sensor was good for 2 weeks then started again. Cleaned IAC and MAF anf TB re-set computer was good for a few weeks and then came back. Everytime I go to the FOMOCO Dealwer it is $75 just to T/S. And they keep it for days on end. Already changed the fuel low level sensor and they re0programmed the computer but it still surges under part throttle driving but if you floor it is ok?????? I own 4 Fords, but if I can't fix soon it is out the door..Really let down on this SUV... One more thing my wife could not put gas in it today, I had to do it super slow by hand it kept cutting off like it was full???Did this at 2 different stationsPLZ help guys Sorry , left this info off 2002 EXP 4.6 2 wheel drive.....

a

Old 03-08-2005, 10:31 AM
have you checked/changed the iac valve

Old 03-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Well after a rtip to a second FOMOCO it is fixed $500...The solenoid vent on the gas tank was bad, the surging was a COP..Ihad a feelibng this was the issue bit it would not pull show a code..So how do you fix ,T/S these COPs....Very frustrating and expensive...

Quick Reply: 1450 CODE surging