Expedition / Navigator

Need Exact location for trailer charge relay 1997 Expedition EB!! HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 05:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Exact location for trailer charge relay 1997 Expedition EB!! HELP!!

Ok guys heres my delima,

About 2 weeks ago my trailer interior lights quit working. I dismissed this as an issue with my trailer. After checking everything humanly possible on the trailer and getting the lights to power up and work fine i determined it was issue with my truck. I started checking fuses on my truck every fuse that my manual list for the trailer checks out fine. My truck does not have the factory tow package as far as i know. I put my own 7 pin connector on the truck and put my own brake controller on. I thought at first i had an issue with the plug so i started probing the wires before the 7 way. I have power to all my lights, and to my brakes everything works except for the interior lights. I called the manufacturer of the trailer and they informed me that the trailer lights are powered by the 12+ pin on the connector. I started checking everything with the plug on the truck and i get NO JUICE at the 12+ pin(yes the ignition is on). The only thing that i can figure is that the relay for the charge has gone bad but i have NO IDEA where this is located under the hood, My manual does not tell me where this relay is can someone please help me out i really need this pin to work it charges my break away battery and it runs my interior lights im going nutz trying to figure out why i lost power to this pin i have wasted about 6 hours trying to get this working and i have come to the conclusion that the relay is bad but like stated before i have no idea which one is the trailer charge relay !! Thanks for all the help and sorry for the long post.

John

Old 03-24-2005, 01:16 PM
See if this thread helps...

Old 03-24-2005, 07:49 PM
Received 107 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally posted by BigC
See if this thread helps...
That thread concerns the 2000. He has a 97 and the boxes are different.

Steve

Old 03-25-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by projectSHO89
That thread concerns the 2000. He has a 97 and the boxes are different.

Steve
Sorry, thought they would be similar..

Quick Reply: Need Exact location for trailer charge relay 1997 Expedition EB!! HELP!!