Expedition / Navigator

Eddie Bauer Mirrors on XLT 03-05

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 10:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eddie Bauer Mirrors on XLT 03-05

Has anyone put Eddie Bauer mirrors on their XLT? Are the XLTs prewired to accept the turn signal mirrors?

Old 04-20-2005, 09:29 PM
I was wondering the same thing. We have an '04 XLT and I was thinking it might be as simple as buying the lens and light assembly if the wiring was already there... Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 04-21-2005, 10:13 AM
I've done some research on this since I posted and from what I understand it's a simple swap. The wiring for the turn signals is already on our XLTs.

Old 04-27-2005, 10:12 AM
I was at the dealership this morning and happened to look at a King Ranch model. The mirrors appeared almost identical besides the turn signal lens on the bottom. I wonder if the parts department can cross-reference to see if the difference in the mirrors is just the lens and signal housing??

Jeff

Old 07-28-2005, 12:51 PM
Continuing the thread...

Sorry to resurrect the thread, but here is what I have done so far.

For around $30 a piece, I figured it was worth a shot, so I bought the lamps from the Eddie Bauer signal mirrors. These are actually direct bolt-on replacements for the bottoms of our non-signal mirrors.

They, of course, did not come with lamp sockets, so I need to get these (the puddle lamp socket I have now is different from the signal mirror puddle lamp socket).

Looks like I just have to figure which wires on the harness are the signal wires, then find the sockets for the signal and the puddle lamp and I'll be done. Hopefully, still cheaper than buying the entire mirror...

Thanks
Jeff

Old 07-29-2005, 09:02 PM
I can confirm that it is a simple swap. I purchased the EB mirrors on eBay and then sold my old ones there as well. If I remember correctly, I gave about $150 for the EB mirrors and sold mine for $100. Not a bad deal.

I'm so glad made this an easy upgrade for us XLT owners.

Quick Reply: Eddie Bauer Mirrors on XLT 03-05