Expedition / Navigator

Rattle sound 2004 expedition

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 01:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rattle sound 2004 expedition

I'm just curious if anyone would know what would be rattling around near the sunroof/DVD player? When I push up on the roof panel it stops but then comes right back when I let go, It also goes away when the sunroof is open. It's driving me nuts...

Old 06-27-2005, 10:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My wife's 2004 Expy Eddie Bauer had the same annoying rattle in the ceiling near the sunroof. I pulled part of the sunroof trim off where it pentrates the headliner. The headliner has plastic clips that stick up through it and hit the surface above it which makes the rattling noise. I ended up taking some really thin sheets of foam (approx 1/8" thich) and sliding them in between the plastic clips and the part they hit. This has fixed the problem 100%.

Old 07-24-2005, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a rattle on my 2004 Expedition overhead. I took my trim down and found that a wire bundle was causing the rattle. The wire bundle was wrapped together tight and sounded like a solid object up there. Whenever I would hit a few bumps the wire bundle would hit against the trim and make an annoying noise. You wouldn't really think that the noise would be wires. I secured my wire bundle and the problem was solved. I also have a noise in the front that turns out to be the emergency parking brake pedal moving oh so slightly side to side that causes an annoying noise. The pedal noise is only intermittent. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Rattle sound 2004 expedition