Expedition / Navigator

keeps on missfiring

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 11:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keeps on missfiring

hey guys, I have a 97 4.6 4x4 expy and about 2 months ago I had a misfire in cylinder 1, so being around 100k I replaced all the plugs. Everything was good then about a month later I got another misfire.. truck running real rough and check engine blinking.. it was a misfire in cylinder 7. Fixed that plug everything was good now 3 weeks later..I was out last night and everything was fine. Started her up this morning got 2 blocks away and she felt rough.. then the blinking check engine light came on and I could feel the misfire.. I'm going to scan the truck after work and see what is wronge this time.. but any idea's? anything else I should look into? thanks for any info.

Old 07-08-2005, 04:36 AM
mine is doing the same thing.

The only thing from what everyone is saying is this problem with coils and the EGR problem with Ford. It'll never go away. I think that makes them big bucks to have you pay and fix these probs....

It suckls. Mine is doing the same thing after I just spend $6000 on a new motor from Ford Motor Copmpbnay 3 mo ago... Now you think your pissed. You don't have a clue man. ....

My other Ford truck caused me to pay for an engine, 2 trannies b/.c the jackass forgot to put a seal and admitted it but it was 62miles out of the warranty which was 12000miles, had to get new rotors, brake booster jacked up, etc. I have spend at least $13,000 (not incluiding insurance) on a $2000 truck b/c I kept thinking that would be the last. I just finsihed the ALL the EGR crap. Then the motor goes out, pay $6000 for that, then the rotors pad fell out and rubbed metal to metal, had to replace them and new brakes, now I am getting a misfire after I forgot to mention I had a messed up plug before so I have to buy a new coils deal....

I am not sure about Ford anymore..... I keep thinking its the technology and the newer gets better and sadly it doesn';t seem to be going that way.....

They do lok better than the rest but unless your buying a Ford Diesel which is a beast compared to the others, I am not to sure about the rest of their stuff.

I maintain the **** out of them and thei stuff keep son taking craps on me....

Not to sure what to think.

Basically we are belsses to have this site here though. Otherwise I know Ford would be raping us of our cash and not tell us how easy certasin parts are to replace....

Long live F150online..... all hail to the ford forum king

Old 07-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by BB123
mine is doing the same thing.

The only thing from what everyone is saying is this problem with coils and the EGR problem with Ford. It'll never go away. I think that makes them big bucks to have you pay and fix these probs....

It suckls. Mine is doing the same thing after I just spend $6000 on a new motor from Ford Motor Copmpbnay 3 mo ago... Now you think your pissed. You don't have a clue man. ....

My other Ford truck caused me to pay for an engine, 2 trannies b/.c the jackass forgot to put a seal and admitted it but it was 62miles out of the warranty which was 12000miles, had to get new rotors, brake booster jacked up, etc. I have spend at least $13,000 (not incluiding insurance) on a $2000 truck b/c I kept thinking that would be the last. I just finsihed the ALL the EGR crap. Then the motor goes out, pay $6000 for that, then the rotors pad fell out and rubbed metal to metal, had to replace them and new brakes, now I am getting a misfire after I forgot to mention I had a messed up plug before so I have to buy a new coils deal....

I am not sure about Ford anymore..... I keep thinking its the technology and the newer gets better and sadly it doesn';t seem to be going that way.....

They do lok better than the rest but unless your buying a Ford Diesel which is a beast compared to the others, I am not to sure about the rest of their stuff.

I maintain the **** out of them and thei stuff keep son taking craps on me....

Not to sure what to think.

Basically we are belsses to have this site here though. Otherwise I know Ford would be raping us of our cash and not tell us how easy certasin parts are to replace....

Long live F150online..... all hail to the ford forum king
WTF does this have to do with his question?
To answer the question I would first get the codes read. Most likely it's a bad coil pack or two or a dirty IAC.

BTW you don't wash your engine often do you?

Old 07-19-2005, 12:27 AM
If you haven't done so already, change out the plug wires with new ones. The plug wires on my 1999 4.6 lasted about 75,000 miles before they began to act up and create problems similiar to what you are experiencing.

Quick Reply: keeps on missfiring