Expedition / Navigator

Window messing up. How does this work so I can fix THIS prob myself.Also, a horn prob

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 05:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window messing up. How does this work so I can fix THIS prob myself.Also, a horn prob

I have had a zillion problmes with this thing.

Anyhow, the newest problme that needs attention.

I put the window down not all the way but paretially and it goes up at an angle. So when the window is all the way up you have a 2in gap in the window closest to the dorr jam between the front and rear dorr.

My next [rpblem is that my horn works now and if you hold it long enough, say 10secs, the low horn doesn't work anymore. And won't for a good while. UNtil that randomw day and it'll work until you hit it for 10 or less seconds and then it's gone for another 3-4weks.

I need to wrench and fix both....

What's up with them in youir opinion...

Thanks

Old 07-25-2005, 08:23 PM
also, the motor seems to be acting normally. It seems like there is a track inside or something that is not behaving.

Sound right?

form what I was told when it rains moisture gets inside the horn unit and casues messing up? Does this sound right or could it me something in the sterring column....

Speak your mind guys....

Old 07-25-2005, 11:10 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The window sounds like the bracket that holds the glass to the regulator came unglued from the glass. A guaranteed fix is to replace the window, but, failing that you can use some quick set epoxy on the bracket. Remove the door panel, roll the window all the way up, but not before globbing some of that epoxy in the track of the bracket. Leave it up for a day or so, should be good to go.

The horn...um, why are you standing on the horn for 10 seconds at a time?

Old 07-26-2005, 02:46 PM
I bet its a messed up window run (the rubber and felt "track") there is a SSM about this where the run gets out of whack and the window pops out of the run near the top of the travel.

Old 07-26-2005, 03:41 PM
from the both of you guys's posts, this seem like an easy fix huh? If I do it myself that is and not raped for the Ford prices....

Also, could you just give me the basics on taking this door panel off. I have tried and looked around but it seems to be attachjed to a few different place.

LIke up top that plastic piece comes off. This piece is closest to the mirror. Then what's next? I hear there is a screw around the door handle but that piece popped off for me but didn't fit off the handle fropm what I remember.

Also does it pull "out" or "up and out", etc....

Thanks....

Quick Reply: Window messing up. How does this work so I can fix THIS prob myself.Also, a horn prob