Expedition / Navigator

Cruise controll recall?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise controll recall?

Anyone hear of this recall? Its supposed to MAYBE start a fire?

Old 09-11-2005, 07:20 PM
Yeah, I'm just waiting to get my letter in the mail, so I can go down to the stealership and have it fixed.
Supposedly the cruise deactivation switch on the master cylinder leaks. The brake fluid leaks into the electrical connector on the end of the switch and over time causes corrosion of the wires. The corroded wires causes a higher amp draw which heats the wiring and "might" cause a fire in the electrical harness. The fix is to install a fuse before the plug so if it happens, the fuse will pop before the wiring gets hot.

Old 09-12-2005, 08:07 PM
I had a problem with my '01 expedition not coming out of park. Turns out there was a short in the brake safety switch (that tells the computer your foot is on the brake). I got it back from the dealer with a ?shrug? and "bring it back if it does it again"(No kidding!) Anyway about 2 weeks ago it did it again so I brought it back. This time all sorts of electrical started acting up....no wipers, no rear air, no lights on my running boards. This time they track it to the control module and tell me it is $480 to fix. OK fine just fix it.....when I get the call to pick it up it turns out the bill is only $230 becuase they tracked it to that cruise control relay. According to the dealer if I haden't had this come up it would only be a matter of days before it burned to the ground! (with my lightning parked next to it-gasp!) Then he tells me that I'm not yet part of the recall but if they include it I can probably get my money back....3 days later Ford announces the recall. Unbelievable

Old 09-13-2005, 10:13 AM
I just had mine fixed this morning. I didn't even wait for the letter, because the dealers are sure to run out and then you will have to wait for the parts to be delivered. Took about 15 minutes from arriving to leaving.

Old 09-13-2005, 11:28 AM
I had a new plug fitted during the original recall in my Expy. I hear that they are now putting an in-line fuse on all the Expeditions. I wonder if I'll have to go and get recalled a second time...

Old 09-13-2005, 11:35 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by ferroequine
I had a new plug fitted during the original recall in my Expy. I hear that they are now putting an in-line fuse on all the Expeditions. I wonder if I'll have to go and get recalled a second time...
I have wondered the same thing.

Quick Reply: Cruise controll recall?