Expedition / Navigator

2003 Exped Troyer Performance e-fan kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 08:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Exped Troyer Performance e-fan kit

Hi guys. I'm new to this form and have been reading a bit. You are a pretty funny group.

I did some searches on electric fans but didn't find anything about the 2003 and higher issues.

I looked at electric fans a year+ ago and was looking at the JDMs but they didn't have a kit for the new front ends of the 2003's.

I recently started looking again as I saw the gas prices goe up and up. From some basic math it seems like it would take 25K or so to get the MPG buyback but I also pull a camper so I thought the extra horse would be nice.

I found this thread: ( http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.c...ten?id=392791L ) on the topic. Troyers website indicates their kit works on the 2003's but it is a dual 16" fan kit and the rad on the new front in is only 27" wide. I saw that flex-a-lite actually has a different kit for the 2003+ with smaller fans.

Has anyone used a Troyer kit on their 2003+ Exped?
Just mount the fans diagnal and did that even work/fit?

I've exchanged some mail with Anita at Troyer but she hasn't replied to my last couple e-mails. They seem like a good bunch from other posting I've read so perhaps they are working on it or just busy. See the other thread from some more on the topic.

Thanks.

P.S. Aside: why do I see people abbreviate the Expedition as 'Expy'. I guess it is Fords designation or something because I don't see a y in Expedition!

Old 09-17-2005, 09:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry, wish I could help. Electric fans are a great mod, and very underated.
Also, I use the term Expy because sometimes I'm just too lazy to type out Expedition. Same deal with Supercrew and Screw. I picked it up here and at FTW years ago.

Old 09-18-2005, 12:21 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the 16's on my 98 f, and I likem.

Mike Troyer has posted that the phone is the faster means of communication - check the # under supporting vendors above.

Old 09-18-2005, 05:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree on the email/phone thing. I emailed troyer 2 weeks ago about a programmer and still haven't seen a response. I just bought elsewhere, but hey, I really wanted something local anyway

I added an electric fan to my navigator. I used the stock fan from a 1996 Mustang 4.6. I didn't take off my mechanical fan though, as it is the one that came with the supercharger kit, so it is smaller and has less drag anyway. I just added mine as a supplemental kit for really hot days, and I just put a switch on it, its not thermostatically controlled. The fan cost about $40 at the junkyard, and the switch is like $2. I had plenty of wire laying around so mine cost me less than $50 to build on my own. Granted, it looks kinda funny if you get up there and inspect it, but how many supercharged navigators with dual exhausts and 50 other mods do you see on the road?

Quick Reply: 2003 Exped Troyer Performance e-fan kit