Expedition / Navigator

Granatelli CAI installed on '03 Expy

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 06:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Granatelli CAI installed on '03 Expy

First of all, I couldn't believe how small the box was when it came from Fed ex. The kit came with the TB to MAF tube (black plastic), MAF support bracket, a large open air filter and assorted tubes and hardware. Install was easy and took about 30 mins total. I did have to use a larger PCV tube to connect up to the TB tube from my garage, but othewise I'm impressed with the kit. The whole unit is supported by it being clamped to the throttle body at one end and the power steering resevoir bracket and bolt at the other, so it's nicely anchored. The stock tubing way overflowed the box the CAI came in so good riddance to it all. Under hood looks soooo much cleaner.

It has all the right sounds now coming from the engine bay where before it sounded very "windy" when you revved the engine. With the CAI, it has that nice V-8 engine sound. I had tried pulliing the air silencer with the stock setup prior to the CAI and ended up putting it back on since it only seemed to enhance the "windy" noise when accelerating.

So far, I give it thumbs up. My sotp was registering quicker revs and throttle response felt better. I'll check mpg and post results if anyone is interested when I fill up next time - hoping for 1-2mpg more.

Old 09-27-2005, 08:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sweet! Any pics?

Old 09-27-2005, 08:18 AM
No pics of the engine bay yet as a family member had borrowed my digital camera, but here is the granatelli online photo. Will snap a pic though when I get the camera back so you can see what it looks like sitting in there.

Old 10-11-2005, 05:31 PM
OK. Hasn't been the greatest of weather here in the NorthEast to snap some pics of the engine, but here is what it looks like installed.....

If you look closely, you can see the MAF support bracket that connects to the steering fluid reservois. Between where it connects to the TB and the bracket, it seems to be very solidly mounted in there.

Quick Reply: Granatelli CAI installed on '03 Expy