Expedition / Navigator

Sylvania's

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sylvania's

Walkin' through Wally the other day I saw 4 Sylvania Headlights for my X. Knowing what I have is 5 years old, and I do a good chunk of driving (overall 25-33% with the time change and shift at work, will be 50% for the next few months) at night I know it's about time for one to go out. [Murphys law will make it a COLD wet day of course]. After looking at the website I like the Silverstars or the XtraVision, I don't care for "coolness" factor, or blue hints, I just want a good, bright light to see my way home. I also saw on the site, but not sure if the store had it, SilverStar bulbs for the Fogs.

Anyone using the Fogs yet? Make a difference?
Opnions on Xtra vs SilverStars for the headlights when I replace them?

I know they're gonna go eventually as well, what's the replacement for the runningboards?

Thanks

Old 10-02-2005, 01:22 PM
I'm using the Silverstars for my headlights and I really like them. Very good lighting, and very white compared to the factory Sylvanias.

I don't have fog lights or running boards, so I can't say anything about those. Just wanted to chime in a good word for the Sylvania Silverstars.

Now, if I had wanted to spend 60 bucks per light, I could have gotten some high powered Xenon lights that have a chance of melting my harness without a KYO Upgrade kit, but I opted for the headache-free lights.

Old 10-02-2005, 02:11 PM
I got the high power blue's from summit racing, with the upgraded harness after I smoked 6 plugs. (yeah, I knew it needed to be done but I was to lazy. After taking the grill guard off the last 4 times though, I added the harness) The only thing I don't like, is that the bulbs are 80/100's, and they worked fine without the harness, but with the harness there are no high beams. But, I can see 10x better with those. I also added the blue fogs, I think mine are different since its a navi, they are round, but they really light up the area closest to the front well. I have had all the bulbs available over the years, including the white hot metal plasma, xenons, silverstars, basically you name it, and nothing really performs as well as the blue halogens. They are like 9.99 each from summit, and the harness is like $34. The bulbs have a one year warranty, which I used once, and they paid for the shipping as well.

Old 10-02-2005, 09:13 PM
I have the Sylvania Silverstar's in my headlights and fog lights. The headlights produce a nice clean white light that seems to make driving at night easier. The fog lamps are at least 2 or 3 times brighter than the stock bulbs. It's like having another set of headlights. Well worth the money. Try Ebay, they're considerably cheaper there than Wal-Mart.

Old 10-02-2005, 10:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the Silverstar headlights on my Screw. I have some pics in my gallary showing how they compare to the OEM bulbs. The pics don't do them justice.

Old 10-03-2005, 07:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here you go. The first is the low beam setting, the second pic is the high beams. The Silverstar bulb is on the driver's side. The pics don't do them justice. They are much brighter and whiter than the OEM bulbs.

Old 10-07-2005, 03:25 PM
Silverstars - Worth the money.

I agree, Sylvania Silverstars are NICE. They give off a very intense, pure-white light. At Murrays they run about $20 each but there's often a $10 rebate off of two. And yes, do try e-bay. I would've gone that route but I needed them right away. However, I've only installed them as headlamps, not fog lights.

Trending Topics

Old 10-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark_B
I agree, Sylvania Silverstars are NICE. They give off a very intense, pure-white light. At Murrays they run about $20 each but there's often a $10 rebate off of two. And yes, do try e-bay. I would've gone that route but I needed them right away. However, I've only installed them as headlamps, not fog lights.
I hate meeting a vehicle with those things.

Quick Reply: Sylvania's