Expedition / Navigator

Squeaky 02 Expy

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 08:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Squeaky 02 Expy

I have a 2002 Expy with the Sport package, hole in the roof and cows on the seats. Its got the 4.6L and I recently replaced the stock shocks with Bilsteins (Highly recommended! )

Ipicked it up with about 28,000 on it and now I have 41,000 (after 7 months and going from Maine to FL...plus the daily drives).

I noticed it squeaks a lot more now. It sounds and feels like the back hatch is loose, but there doesn't seem to be any play in it. Is this a weatherstripping issue or a hatch alignment issue? Anyone else have similar issues?

GH

Old 10-25-2005, 10:16 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
It's very difficult to pinpoint noise concerns without seeing and hearing them in person, but if it's coming from the rear, I'd start with a little dielectric grease on the latches and strikers of the rear hatch, and on the rear glass to body bumpers. Have someone else drive while you ride and listen in the back to try to pinpoint the source of the noise. Does it matter if ambient temperatures are hot or cold for that day? Do you hear it loudest from the inside, or does it seem like something outside?

Quick Reply: Squeaky 02 Expy