Expedition / Navigator

engine swap to diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
engine swap to diesel

Going to start to tack my project of switching my expedition to bio-diesel. Just wondering if anyone has any links or the such they could sugegst for tips. I am well aware this is going to be a one off project, but figured it was worth a try to post.

Old 10-27-2005, 09:54 PM
That sounds like one of two things:

1) too much money

2) too much time

Thats going to be a rather expensive ordeal, and it will probably require lots of self fabricated parts I would assume. You could always just buy an excursion diesel and convert it to bio and probably have it done in 10% the time with less than 50% of the money

Old 11-01-2005, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by urface
Going to start to tack my project of switching my expedition to bio-diesel. Just wondering if anyone has any links or the such they could sugegst for tips. I am well aware this is going to be a one off project, but figured it was worth a try to post.
(I'll sound like a broken record ) Are you serious? What diesel engine are you going to try to fit?

FYI, there is a F150 project going on now, to install a 6.0 PSD. It's being professionally built and will be used as a race truck. once they get closer I'm sure it'l come out.

Now back to your swap????? I say swap, because you surely don't think you'll be converting the gas motor to diesel do you?

Old 11-01-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by 98Navi
That sounds like one of two things:

1) too much money

2) too much time

Thats going to be a rather expensive ordeal, and it will probably require lots of self fabricated parts I would assume. You could always just buy an excursion diesel and convert it to bio and probably have it done in 10% the time with less than 50% of the money
FYI, there is no conversion to run bio. You just fill or blend and go. Hopefully it's good fuel you get or make though.

Old 11-01-2005, 11:18 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
What would possess you to do this? If you want a diesel powered SUV, buy an Excursion.

Old 11-10-2005, 10:52 PM
What compels people post things like this, then never come back to ad to the replies or answer questions? Kind of annoying and a waste of time....

Good job!

Old 11-14-2005, 03:24 PM
If you follow his links from the past year he has a history of expensive questionable swap outs in the works - switching an EB interior to black, adding HD door panels, back up sensing system, etc, etc. He could have bought two new vehicles the way he wanted for the price he would have paid if he did all the things he's spoken of. Probably watches too much Pimp My Ride

Old 11-18-2005, 09:42 PM
Nah...I check this only now and then....to damn slow. The reason I asked about the inside is because mine is trashed.......some panels are broken and I am getting new items. I wanted to switch to all black but have since trashed that idea. Also canned the diesel and just going to put on a charger and be done with it. I post to ask and work out the idea's. Thats the point of a forum....didn't know if it would be a easy swap like land cruisers or what not.

Quick Reply: engine swap to diesel