Expedition / Navigator

05 Expy Defect ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 09:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 Expy Defect ??

About a month ago, or so, I traded in my 2000 Expy XLT for a 2005 Expy Limited. While looking it over in the service bay before I took it home I noticed a small ding on the door. Dealer said that they would fix it and if I find anything else before I brought it back in for repair to just call them and they would fix it also. So I figure that the only way to really find any more problems would be to give a good wash and wax. So as I was admiring my great wax job I noticed that the drivers side doors were not aligned. The front door was aligned higher than rear door by a lot. Also the rear hatch was too far to the left and the reveals didn’t match. So assuming that this Expy was dropped off a truck or something I went to the Ford dealer nearest to me (the dealer I bought it from was farther and I was too PO’ed for a long drive) and looked at the 2005 Expy’s that they had on the lot. I was amazed to see that out of eight Expy’s, six of them had the same door problem and one had the same hatch problem. When I brought it back to the dealer they were suppose to fix it, but only succeeded in making it worse. I found a couple other problems with it also, but face it, this is too long of a post as it is. Anyone else have this problem, or have had it fixed correctly? Stickered at 52K I figure to get a better product than this….

Old 11-07-2005, 12:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I havn't noticed a problem with ours.

Old 11-07-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm going home to look. I would have thought I might have noticed but I'll check to make sure.

Old 11-07-2005, 07:33 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
All the panels lined up well in my mom's '05 Expedition XLS.

Old 11-07-2005, 09:51 PM
It's hard for me to believe that Ford sent a bad batch just to Chicago??? The only thing from making me bring mine back for a different one was the fact that I saw others with the same problem, thats when my BP started going back to normal. The dealer where I bought it even showed me some 06's that were the same way, but those doors were on the passenger side.

Old 11-08-2005, 07:40 AM
Mine looks good.

Old 11-08-2005, 08:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ford's fit and finish isn't all that great. My driver's door has never closed easily on my 02 SCab. And neither of the back doors will latch at the top unless you slam the crap outta them.

Quick Reply: 05 Expy Defect ??