Expedition / Navigator

Why did you pick Exped/nav over F150 crew?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 08:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why did you pick Exped/nav over F150 crew?

just curious, i am still wrestling between the two and decided to seek your opinion on why you picked the nav/exped suv over the pickup. With the supercrew, you have carrying capac for 6, plus the bed.

Old 02-27-2006, 08:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
With the SUV, you get seating for (up to) 9 people. And, if you don't need the seating, you can have the cargo area- which is enclosed.

As an FYI, we traded our '97 Expy for an '02 S'crew- which we traded for the '04 Expy. So, having owned both, we prefer the Expedition. However, I own a truck for those times when we need a truck. If you need a pickup and seating for 6, the S'crew is a nice compromise.

Old 02-27-2006, 09:06 PM
A couple years ago, I had a little BMW 325i. My wife totaled it, and I felt after seeing how it fared in an accident that she needed something bigger than what most others had. A buddy of mine had a 96 Lincoln Town Car that he wanted to get rid of that had low miles and the price was right. From that moment on, I was completely sold on Lincoln. THe best dam ride quality you'll ever get, bar none. So naturally when she got tired of driving the granny mobile, I went looking for bigger, badder, and lincoln, which led me to the Navigator. It maintains the quality air ride (although nowhere near as good as the town car) it's one of the largest things on the road, and it's a lincoln which to me so far has been nothing but quality. Were I to need a truck, I'd go get either a blackwood or Mark LT. I'll never buy another family car thats not a lincoln.

Old 02-27-2006, 10:52 PM
I sold my 99 crewcab superduty for my 04 Expy. If you need a truck then you just need a truck, but I've seen alot of trucks that don't have a scratch in the bed. Also I had a landscaping business with my truck, but have since gotten into sales. Plus if theres something that I need a bed for, I just hook onto a small single axle trailer I own. I just don't have the need for the truck as much as I used to.

The other side to this story is unless your wife/girfriend/girlfriends have a car of thier own, which they really like, they'll usually take the keys to Expy before they'll take the keys to your truck. I learned this the hard way.

Old 02-28-2006, 08:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The best solution is to get one of each!

Old 02-28-2006, 08:21 AM
I originally chose the F150 Screw because I've always been a truck kind of guy. But after the vibe and nibble problems it was replaced by Ford with an Expy. I liked my truck. I really like the Ex.

Old 02-28-2006, 08:15 PM
I just traded an 05 Lariat SCrew for an 05 Eddie Bauer Expy and am finding out that it really is a better family travel rig. However, when I need a truck bed I have my little 2004 Danger Ranger.

Old 03-02-2006, 01:25 PM
Well, it had to be an F-150 of some type, so that we could pull the trailer. The Expedition offers an enclosed (& heated) cargo area, which is important for both of our hobbies. (Haven't used the rear seat since we bought it, it's in the house). And my wife finds the Expedition very easy to drive, and relatively nimble for such a large vehicle.

Quick Reply: Why did you pick Exped/nav over F150 crew?