Expedition / Navigator

Top trouble spots on 03-05 Expedition

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 08:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They fixed the brake dust issue on models built after 12/18/2003. I have a 2004 Expy 4X2 Eddie Bauer with the 5.4L. The only issues I have had was the A/C blower would stop blowing on long trips, but the rear A/C wasn't affected good thing too. The dealer did a couple of TSB's on it and it seems to be fixed for now. And yeah my windows seem to be slow too

Old 04-06-2006, 10:13 PM
Unhappy Rough Idle

I also have a 2005 Expedition XLT Sport 2 wheel drive which has a rough idle when in gear. Went to the dealer and they changed the plugs per a TSB. However it still idles rough and they cannot fix it. I changed to Chevron gas and it seems to help. Also a warmer outside temperature seems to help. I have had the truck for one year and the problem started about three months ago. It is very irritating.

Old 04-12-2006, 12:10 AM
We bought our expy about 2 months ago and it idles rough. I am going to take it in and have it looked at, sometimes it starts hard also. Ours has 32,000 km's(Canada) on it so I thought that might be the cause of the rough idle but maybe not. Our windows are also slow going up but no big deal. Ours had some small cracks in the middle row seats. Middle and right seat bottoms but ford would only replace the outside seat cover so I installed a center console in the second row and no more cracked seat. There are a few things I have found I don't like about it 1:the orange signals on the bottom of the mirrors, changed mine to limited smoke covers 2:the factory rims, changed mine to 18" f150 lariat rims. Other than that we love the expy so far.

Old 04-26-2006, 05:59 PM
We have had the rear end rebuilt. Four months later its still doing fine knock on wood. We have some wind noise from around the drivers window. Took it in twice and they still couldn't fix/find it. They replaced the windshield although I knew that wouldn't fix it. It didn't. So that is still unresolved. No big deal though.
One seatbelt latch broke and the same belt now won't retract. But other than that, Its been great. Its our third Expedition and all three have been pretty reliable. I also can't understand the Consumer Reports ratings for this vehicle. Everyone I know who has had one likes it. And I know at least 5 or six on my street. They rate the Toyota Land Cruiser the best and the one I had was the biggest POS Ive ever owned.

Old 04-28-2006, 09:29 AM
My List of Wooes

1. Rattling plastic door panels on outside
2. Lost a couple of door locks
3. Replaced every engine idler pulley - squeals after few thousand miles after
driving in rain/salt.
4. Rear axle half shafts move around in the bearing hub and make snapping noises you can hear with windows open.

Old 04-29-2006, 08:22 AM
Red face

Since I'm still in Iraq, here is my wife's list of woe's:

* Needed to have the rotors turned, she was shaking to a stop
* Pax window roll down slow
* Side view mirrors have a mind of their own
* Replaced OEM Continentals with BFG's (we knew this when we bought it)

Thats about it. I've never owned an SUV before, she has (Jeep GC). Her comparision: the EB trim rules as does the stereo/speakers/dvd setup (the "babysitter"). Loves the navigation system. Not as nimble as the GC (she is aware of size difference). Loves the room. Loves the power fold down 3rd. Loves the 5.4l. Loves the size.

She has no comment on the 4WD capability. As soon as I get home, maybe I'll comment on that. It's an SUV. Hmm...

Quick Reply: Top trouble spots on 03-05 Expedition