Expedition / Navigator

fuel problem i think.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 12:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy fuel problem i think.

Hey im new here and i was wondering if anyone can help me I just recently had the fuel pump changed on my 99 expo (about four weeks ago)and about two days ago it started to act funny. I noticed that when the fuel gets to like a fourh of a tank it starts to wanna like die @ every stop. This only happens when the tank is @ about one fourth or lower. It feels like its about to die and then it just kicks back up. also @ thisw point if i step on the gas hard it dies almost like if it has no gas. Does any one have an idea about what this is. This started hapenning out of no where. This never happen before..

Last edited by moemo; 07-06-2006 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:11 PM
you changed the fuel pump but have you checked the fuel filter? it's about half way down on the driver's side mounted to the frame. my mom's 2000 had similar problems and it turned out to be an obstructed fuel filter. i changed in (took about 5 minutes) and she was up and going again. never had the problem again.

Old 07-06-2006, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by truoc444
you changed the fuel pump but have you checked the fuel filter? it's about half way down on the driver's side mounted to the frame. my mom's 2000 had similar problems and it turned out to be an obstructed fuel filter. i changed in (took about 5 minutes) and she was up and going again. never had the problem again.

Oh yeah i forgot to mention that i already changed the fuel filter yesterday. I also changed the PVC valve and its still doing it.

Old 07-06-2006, 11:05 PM
I had a cadillac that would do this one time. THe final solution I found was to keep at least half a tank in it.

Old 07-08-2006, 01:31 AM
My Bronco had a similiar problem, beside the items you've already replaced I also installed a new Fuel Pressure Regulator, not sure on your expy though.

Fuel pressure regulator solved my problem when the others didn't.

Old 07-10-2006, 11:52 AM
thanks padron ill trythat next. Lets see what happens

Quick Reply: fuel problem i think.