Expedition / Navigator

HELP....Side Mouldings Again

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 02:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP....Side Mouldings Again

A few weeks back, there were some posts about side mouldings being bad and turning white; wont come clean. Some of you got yours replaced for free.
I have my '05 expy in the shop getting a few things taken care of before the warranty is up. I mentioned this to the garage and they said they cannot find any information about this. Is this a TSB? Can anyone gove me some kind of service # for them to look up? I would like to get this taken care of before it leaves there.

thanks

Matt

Old 07-11-2006, 03:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I believe there is a TSB on it, but I have no idea about a number.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by MGolden
A few weeks back, there were some posts about side mouldings being bad and turning white; wont come clean. Some of you got yours replaced for free.
I had mine replaced on my 03 as they were fading and rattling at 55mph+. I would think that they got it worked out of the system by 05? The TSB is definetly under the 03 years.

Old 08-10-2006, 07:32 AM
The problem does not include your year.

Body - Exterior Door Moldings Fading

TSB 04-17-7

09/06/04

EXTERIOR DOOR TRIM MOULDINGS FADING -
TITANIUM AND PLATINUM ONLY

FORD:
2003-2004 Expedition

ISSUE
Some 2003-2004 Expedition XLT vehicles, (excluding Eddie Bauer models), built 2/1/2003 to 12/31/2003 may exhibit the front and rear exterior door trim and fender extension moldings (cladding) fading.

ACTION

Replace all cladding on all four (4) doors and fender extensions. All cladding supplied in the Service Kit must be installed to prevent color mismatch and continued fading.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

1. Clean off the area below the character line and above the cladding. Remove dirt as necessary.

2. Apply protective tape (minimum width 1") directly above the molding. This will prevent scratches when moving the tool along the cladding to release (pop up) the cladding retaining clips.

NOTE PAINTING WILL NOT BE APPROVED FOR THIS REPAIR.

3. Using Trim Removal Tool (OTC-4489), open the door and begin to pop up the nine (9) retaining clips across the top of the cladding and the four (4) across the bottom. Once the cladding has been removed from the body, remove the protective tape.

4. Install the new part (retaining clips are included on the new part). Repeat the repair on the remaining doors.

5. Remove the two (2) screws that attach the fender extensions.

NOTE RETAIN THE SCREWS AS THEY WILL BE REUSED.

6. Install the new fender extensions reusing the original screws.

7. Return the vehicle to the customer.

Quick Reply: HELP....Side Mouldings Again