Expedition / Navigator

2002 Expy EB, a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 03:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 Expy EB, a few questions

Hello,

I am new to the site. I tried to do a search and see if any of my questions have been addressed before but I could not find any.

In regards to the 02 Expedition. It has the air suspension. Upon start-up the compressor will kick in for 30 seconds to miniute. Is this normal? It will also do it if it has been at idle for a period of time. (with $3.00 gas that does not happen often)

Also, this truck has the entertainment system with the VCR, not a DVD. Is there a kit availible to switch this over to a DVD player? I was thinking of something as simple as removing the VCR and inserting a DVD player but I could not find anything out there.

Also, I use to have a 97 Expy with the EB package. The 02 seems to sit quite abit lower and ride a whole lot nicer. Is this the air suspension or was there any thing else that would be different on the suspension between the 4 model years. Not a big deal but people always ask why it sits so low.

Thanks in advance

Old 08-01-2006, 03:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Expy325
Hello,

I am new to the site. I tried to do a search and see if any of my questions have been addressed before but I could not find any.

In regards to the 02 Expedition. It has the air suspension. Upon start-up the compressor will kick in for 30 seconds to miniute. Is this normal? It will also do it if it has been at idle for a period of time. (with $3.00 gas that does not happen often)

Also, this truck has the entertainment system with the VCR, not a DVD. Is there a kit availible to switch this over to a DVD player? I was thinking of something as simple as removing the VCR and inserting a DVD player but I could not find anything out there.

Also, I use to have a 97 Expy with the EB package. The 02 seems to sit quite abit lower and ride a whole lot nicer. Is this the air suspension or was there any thing else that would be different on the suspension between the 4 model years. Not a big deal but people always ask why it sits so low.

Thanks in advance
The air suspension sounds like its working just fine. I would be concerned if it came on often (More than once or twice an hour with no load). Also, those with LLS do ride lower than those with standard suspension.

Not sure about the VCR/DVD thing.

Quick Reply: 2002 Expy EB, a few questions