Expedition / Navigator

I hate deer!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007 | 04:56 PM
Good to hear that your wifes ok. That sucks. I've hit one and it did the dame thing to my Dad's truck.

Old 03-05-2007 | 06:38 PM
Suspended
There is a trick that insurance companies play. If you are talking with an agent and you say "I hit a deer" that puts it in you court, they deem it as your fault. Be careful when talking to insurance companies, they are tricky. you should say the "deer hit me".

Wandell- I'm sure if it was your truck it would have been better off. It would have went under your truck and only would have hurt your lower valance

Old 03-09-2007 | 07:17 PM
Ouch...

My wife hit a deer last week in my '04 Expy. The deer fell down trying to get back off the road. I removed 3 (three) deer hairs from the bumper cover, and found one corner of a suspension arm slightly polished by deer fur. That's it. After reading your story, I feel a little bit luckier; I'm glad no one was hurt; and I wish you well. Your truck looks sweet, by the way, better than my stock rig.

Originally Posted by wandell
Wednesdy morning my wife called me to say she hit a deer on the way to work. It destroyed the front bumper cover and bent the front fender pretty bad as well as destroying my wheelwell liner. It also knocked the alingment out. I dropped it off at the shop this morning for repair. The initial estimate is almost $2700.00.

Quick Reply: I hate deer!!