Expedition / Navigator

power window doesnt work on one door!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
power window doesnt work on one door!!

well i was driving today and i figured i would roll all my windows down. to my suprise the driver side rear window does nothing. the door locks and unlocks but the window does nothing from the switch or from the switch on my door. i looked on the manual and there is no fuse for individual windows atleast that i can see. so can anyone please help me out . any help would be greatly appreciated!1

Old 11-10-2006, 01:35 PM
btw its a 01 expedition

Old 11-10-2006, 07:32 PM
I'd say either the window motor is bad or it's jammed. Give it a tug and see if it frees up. Also, try the window and see if you can hear the motor trying or actuate the switch and see if the lights dim.

Old 11-10-2006, 10:15 PM
well it would do nothing but i unplugged my batt. just to do something to my system and then when i plugged it back up it just started working but oh wells it works now lol

Old 12-08-2006, 05:12 PM
I had an Aerostar and the windows would quit working. Dealership repacled window motor under warranty. After warranty was over had same problem with window motors. About once a week I took a long metal rod and put it on the end of motor and rapped it with a hammer, and it would work for another week. I think the brushes were sticking.

Quick Reply: power window doesnt work on one door!!