Expedition / Navigator

06 Expy Rear Interior Quarter Panel Removal

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 05:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 Expy Rear Interior Quarter Panel Removal

I'm about to attempt an install of the factory Sirius in my 06 Expy. The directions I have say to install the receiver module in the rear quarter panel where the subwoofer is installed. Has anyone taken this panel off and can provide me with some insight as to the best way to remove it without tearing anything up? My Expy has the power 3rd row seats and it looks like there isn't enough room to remove that panel unless the seats come out. I hope I'm wrong about that. Can anyone help me out with this one? Thanks.

Old 12-25-2006, 09:02 PM
To do the complete install like factory, the rear seats have to come out, trim around back gate, and then the panel can come off.
I did this install last summer, not as bad as it sounds; couple of torx screws and plastic snaps is all there is to it.
Be careful when you pull the radio head out to plug in the cables, I was told the laser in the cd player is very sensitive and can be damaged very easily

Rex

Old 12-26-2006, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the reply. I solved, or will solve the problem tomorrow. I found a local audio shop that will do it for $125. I don't think it's worth my time to even mess with if that's all they'll charge.

Quick Reply: 06 Expy Rear Interior Quarter Panel Removal