Expedition / Navigator

Badly in need of Quick fix for Heater, Storm coming

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Badly in need of Quick fix for Heater, Storm coming

I have had this issue with my blend door on my 1998 Expedition. 2x EB if it matters.

I am sure it is the blend door from all of the research I hav done on this. I dont have the money to get fixed and at the moment I dont have the many hours free to do the repair that I found online.

in 2 days we are getting a full week of temps in the 20's with snow and ice. I need heat bad. I would even go as far as just tearing into it for heat and repairing it later. I just need to get to work. I got a small aux heater from harbor freight but it melted in 10 minutes and the size of it already tells me that there is no way it will work.

Anyway if there any any mechs or anyone with knowledge of this please please contact me and let me know what I can do temporarily. I dont care If I have to sawzall into the lower dash and zip tie the thing open. I just need heat.
Thanks

Old 01-15-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by KingRay
I have had this issue with my blend door on my 1998 Expedition. 2x EB if it matters.

I am sure it is the blend door from all of the research I hav done on this. I dont have the money to get fixed and at the moment I dont have the many hours free to do the repair that I found online.

in 2 days we are getting a full week of temps in the 20's with snow and ice. I need heat bad. I would even go as far as just tearing into it for heat and repairing it later. I just need to get to work. I got a small aux heater from harbor freight but it melted in 10 minutes and the size of it already tells me that there is no way it will work.

Anyway if there any any mechs or anyone with knowledge of this please please contact me and let me know what I can do temporarily. I dont care If I have to sawzall into the lower dash and zip tie the thing open. I just need heat.
Thanks
I found this on a a F150 forum, how to remove the Broken Door and HEater Core, take a while to do but saves like $1000.oo bucks from the dealer

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=215665

Old 01-16-2007, 12:00 PM
4.1 hour job

Quick Reply: Badly in need of Quick fix for Heater, Storm coming