Expedition / Navigator

Stainless steel Exhaust question....

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007 | 12:47 PM
|
Stainless steel Exhaust question....

In the not too distant future I will be taking my '05 Expedition King Ranch to the UK to keep there permanently.
Before it is shipped I want to do as much as possible to forestall future possibly expensive problems in the UK.
Over there it is quite usual to fit Stainless Steel exhausts when the stock systems give out.
I don't see so much mention of SS systems over here.
Doing a google search I came up with the Borla system which though expensive, seems very good.
I notice it will change the exhaust note...I don't mind something a bit throatier, but I don't want to echo around the Welsh mountains !

Any other thoughts or suggestions welcome.

Lenny

Old 02-26-2007 | 06:38 AM
Lenny, you might check out Gibson's SS set-ups. I have the SS Swept-Side on my KR, and it's not a whole lot louder than stock. You can hear it, but no drone at all. Supposedly has a lifetime warranty also??? May not be in the same class as the Borla system, but it sure meets my needs. Good luck

Old 02-26-2007 | 08:05 AM
|
Thanks TD.....I'll look into it.....The subject that is, not the exhaust !
(Might get a black eye)

Haven't seen you on the KR forum in some time ?

Old 02-28-2007 | 09:33 AM
Well, I'm on practically every day...just haven't had anything to say lately. Thanks for noticing! I've been having some health issues lately also, must get things straightened out soon as the fishing bug has really been biting me lately. Going to go out this pm to try to satisfy that urge!!! It's hell feeling twice as old as you are! Thank God for all the plates/screws and replacement parts holding me together

Quick Reply: Stainless steel Exhaust question....