Expedition / Navigator

not many 07 owners eh?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not many 07 owners eh?

I have a 2007 Expedition on order and should be here mid April and we (well actually I) are excited about getting it here!

There really isn't much activity or talk about the 07's. We like to mod our vehicles and search ebay from time to time to get ideas. I know a handful of members own 07's, but there doesn't seem to be any conversation.

We are looking at Tire and wheel package, so any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

Old 03-16-2007, 09:26 AM
Search through this page and you'll see that I posted pictures of my '07 EB EL within the last month or so.

Also, I've noticed minimal '07 activity on this page but there are a couple of other sites with more activity on the new Expy's:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...p?showforum=65

and

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum174/

Congrats on your soon-to-be new Expy.

Dave

Old 03-16-2007, 12:19 PM
Thanks!

How do you like the 07? We can't wait to get ours! It should be here mod April.................waiting is the worst

Any issues or pointers that you could throw my way? This is my first Expedition.

Old 03-19-2007, 08:49 PM
We absolutely love our '07. We got the rear seat video and it's worth every penny we paid for it. Our two boys (11 and 14) no longer fight and argue because they are too busy having fun watching a DVD while we are en route to where ever we're going.

This is our second Expy. Our first was a '97 XLT loaded with almost everything except leather, and a moonroof (we also went with the front bench seat too). We had that Expy for 9 years and 99,000 miles when we decided a pick up was a more practical vehicle for what we needed of a family "truck". So we traded that in on an '06 F150 Super Crew. A year later, we found that we missed having the seating capacity of the Expy as now we had two vehicles that seat 5.

Last January, we traded in the other car for our '07 - an Eddie Bauer EL. And we're picking up the love affair from where we left of with our '97. It's a fantastic vehicle and I'm sure you will enjoy yours to the fullest extent.

Pointers? I'm not really sure of what I could offer in that department. If you're getting the EL, be careful about parking - that added length can sneak up on you at times. I would add that if you want a smoother ride to go with the load leveling suspension. But then again you've already ordered yours so that may be water under the bridge. The reason I say this is because my wife and I test drove several different versions (EL no load level, standard length with load level, EL with load level) and we concluded that the best combo for the smoothest ride was the EL with load leveling. We didn't get the power liftgate and there are only a few times I wish we would have but only a few times.

The last pointer I can offer is to pre-arrange on which days you get to drive it and which days your significant other gets the keys because you'll end up fighting over who gets stuck driving the other car if you don't

Congrats on the new Expy - post pictures and report back on your impressions after you get it.

Dave

Old 03-20-2007, 01:51 AM
07 Limited 4x4 white was delivered today via Cardirect.com. Love it, wife loves it. It was strange buying a car online we hadn't seen, but we had driven one locally and wanted specific options on ours. We saved about $5800 off sticker through Carsdirect including the $2k Ford rebate. I'm all for buying locally, but when locals can't match online prices I've got to keep my money where it belongs.

We got the Tri-sand color w/ Stone interior. I think our wood grain is a darker color than the one we tested locally. Looks great but strange that the wood is a different tone. We opted for load-levelling, tow pack, rear DVD, power gate, 18" chrome wheels, chrome rack, 2nd row bench, NO NAV, and a few others.

PRICE:
Sticker was $46010
Carsdirect price was $40801 + $600 shipping (500 mile distance)
Out the door was $44900 and change

Carsdirect was great. Will use them again in a couple months. (no, I don't work for them and they didn't pay me for the kudos).

Old 03-20-2007, 10:27 PM
Thanks Dave!! We are very excited!

quick question for you.........are the bulbs for the 07 H13? I'm going to get a HID conversion kit and sylvania doesn't have a replacment bulb listed.

I installed a kit on my Lexus when we got the vehicle in 05 and its a must have for safety and visibility. if you can tell me the bulb type that would be great!

thanks again!

Old 03-21-2007, 11:45 AM
07 Expy EL here...actually it was the wife's Christmas present but she lets me take it from time to time.

I got her the Dark Carbon Metallic with tan leather. It's a very nice ride.

David, thanks for the other links....because if it, now I have 2 other forums to register to . On the plus side, I saw a thread that confirmed an issue I'm having with the trans starting in 2nd gear from a rolling stop.

Anyone know how to reset the Change Oil indicator? It started counting down from 5% (4,750 mi.) to Change Oil (5k mi.) but I can't reset it. I changed my oil shortly before it came on so the tech didn't catch it.

Old 03-25-2007, 01:16 AM
Originally Posted by stang_460
07 Expy EL here...actually it was the wife's Christmas present but she lets me take it from time to time.

David, thanks for the other links....because if it, now I have 2 other forums to register to . On the plus side, I saw a thread that confirmed an issue I'm having with the trans starting in 2nd gear from a rolling stop.

Anyone know how to reset the Change Oil indicator? It started counting down from 5% (4,750 mi.) to Change Oil (5k mi.) but I can't reset it. I changed my oil shortly before it came on so the tech didn't catch it.
My wifes 07 has the same problem with the transmission. Complete crap and has scared her when pulling out into traffic on numerous occasions. I hope there will be a recall or TSB to fix the problem soon.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:20 PM
I stopped by the service dept last week while getting an oil change and there currently isn't a TSB or anything for the trans issue. I'll just have to leave it with them for a day and hope they find it.

Old 03-29-2007, 06:30 AM
There are two TSBs concerning the trans. One of them is specifically for the harsher shifting between 1st and 2nd.

Take it back to the dealer and they will reflash the PCM with a software update.

On the Blue Oval website people have already had it done. One person states his mileage started getting better afterward too.

Bob

Old 04-02-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by MM25FTX
Thanks Dave!! We are very excited!

quick question for you.........are the bulbs for the 07 H13? I'm going to get a HID conversion kit and sylvania doesn't have a replacment bulb listed.

I installed a kit on my Lexus when we got the vehicle in 05 and its a must have for safety and visibility. if you can tell me the bulb type that would be great!

thanks again!
Sorry, I haven't been checking back on this forum for messages so I hope I'm not too late with a reply. I don't know and I don't have my Expy with me at the moment. I'd suggest calling the dealer and speaking with the parts or service department to see if they can tell you what bulb type it is.

Dave

Old 04-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by stang_460

Good choice on the color, mine is the same set up

I'm going from memory but to clear the oil life indicator, you have to get into the set up menu on the message center. I can't exactly remember what sequence of buttons you have to push and rather than guess incorrectly, I'll sit in my Expy tonight to refresh my memory and repost tomorrow.

Dave

Old 04-07-2007, 09:21 AM
i cant wait until i win the lottery. i want an 07 limited el in black with nav, air susp, 20" wheels, moonroof, 4x4, convenience and tt packages, rubber mats, and remote start. that amounts to $50,945 before my d-plan discount...which and discount would be wiped out by adding a roushcharger!!!

Quick Reply: not many 07 owners eh?