Expedition / Navigator

Door lock questions ....

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007 | 02:13 PM
|
Door lock questions ....

I have had the mysterious door lock problem for years = hit it with a few shots of WD40 and it goes away then comes back now my driver door lock does not respond to the power buttons at all - driver fob, inner door button, key pad, nothing will lock the door except manually pushing it down - did not try the key in the door. the right passenger door is unresponsive to the electronic options also.

anyone else have this ?? i am wondering whether i should have the door lock electronics changed or if some other non-invasive process is the cause such as some mysterious fuse combo.

if anyone has had this problem fixed mechanically, can you ball park the costs for repair/replacement of the door locks on the two doors ?? parts/labor ??

thanks.

Old 03-07-2007 | 06:02 PM
Suspended
Do you hear the acuator moving in the door? If so, the rod for the lock must have come undone. Common in cold weather since plastic wants nothing to do with it

Old 03-12-2007 | 02:04 PM
|
sometimes ...

after i shoot it w/wd-40 it works correctly for 2-3 days to a week, then will not electronically move the locking mechanism.

Old 03-17-2007 | 04:01 PM
Unhappy bad actuators

my 03 had a few changed under warranty. Now again after a few years
I am getting a buzz on one occasionally, not opening..replacement is best.
fyi

Quick Reply: Door lock questions ....