Expedition / Navigator

Spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spark plugs

I have a 97 Expedtion with the 5.4.I want to do a tune up because its been a while. I was told that they have platnimum(sp) plugs. But looking at old reciepts for the truck shows different. Can I put platnimun(sp) plugs in replace of the old ones?And if so what is the correct Ford part number.
Thanks for the help

Old 04-06-2007, 01:35 AM
If you look in the engine compartment, you'll see your emissions sticker somewhere towards the front. It will show you what the OEM plugs and gap are supposed to be (bottom left of sticker). :o
Here's an example of the sticker:

BTW, if the OEM part number ends in "P" or "PP", like AGS32P or AGS32PP, those are platinum or (PP) double platinum

Old 04-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by COBRA1993SVT
I have a 97 Expedtion with the 5.4.I want to do a tune up because its been a while. I was told that they have platnimum(sp) plugs. But looking at old reciepts for the truck shows different. Can I put platnimun(sp) plugs in replace of the old ones?And if so what is the correct Ford part number.
Thanks for the help
Shouldn't have any problems looking up plugs for your truck. Just don't buy Bosch Platinums. You'll have tons of trouble if you do....

COBRA1993SVT, do you have a 93 Cobra or did you? If so, which one and what are the details? I'm an original owner of a red/grey cloth Cobra, #2205.

Old 04-06-2007, 07:06 PM
I still have the original reciept from the last tune up I did and it shows regular spark plugs.Thats what I have in there now. I"m interested in getting platnimun plugs if possible.And if anyone has a part number?

SVT2205 I am the original owner of a Vibrant red/Black cloth 93 Cobra. It's all original except for the tires(bought original tires) and a Kenny Brown Strut Tower brace(still kickin myself for putting that on)It is basically a show car and rarely driven. I trailer the car to any show I go to because if it were in an accident I wouldnt want it anymore.I did make a magazine for winning Editors Choice at the NMRA show in Atco NJ. It was in the March issue of MUstang Monthly

Old 04-07-2007, 02:14 AM
why not Bosch Platinums? Curious as to what problems they would cause. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-07-2007, 07:58 AM
Why not use Bosch Plats... most everyone has skipping and rough running issues from them. I learned this the hard way. Didn't happen on day one but it wasn't more then a few thousand miles before issues started croping up. Do a search and you'll find many who had troubles.

Cool on the 93. Red/black is a rare combo. What number is yours? 2205 here. You post over on svtp or maybe your on the scoa email list. I know I saw a message or post about your editors choice in Mustang Monthly... How many miles are on yours now? Especially if it's trailered, probably not much, right? Mine is garage art these days, but has 89K of FUN under it's chassis....

Old 04-07-2007, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by COBRA1993SVT
Thanks for the help
you can use platinum. motorcraft are good. p/n agsf-22w-m

Quick Reply: Spark plugs