Expedition / Navigator

"NO CDDJ" on 2000 Expy Radio - Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 05:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"NO CDDJ" on 2000 Expy Radio - Help!

I have seen others post this problem here before but no solution that I can see.

My 2000 Expy CD-Changer stopped working months ago and displayed "NO CDDJ" on the radio display when I push the CD button. The changer had not power and wouldn't eject the magazine.

I wrongfully made the assumption that the changer was dead and sent it in for repair. Just got it back and it test OK. Put it back in and the same error is displayed. All the audio fuses on the fuse block and under-hood fuse block check OK.

What else can it be? Is there another fuse to the changer unit in the console or under the dash somewhere? Could the head unit be damaged? Short of solving this myself, will the dealer even be able to diagnose radio problems very well with a scope or other tools?

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Received 107 Likes on 100 Posts
Check for battery power (ALWAYS HOT) at pin 9 (WHT/VT) of the CD changer harness. If none, check fuse F17 (10A) in the under-dash fuse panel.

Verify GROUND circuit at pin 3 (BLK/LG) of the CD changer harness.

There is a specific diagnostic procedure for this in the service manual. It only takes a meter to verify power and a few circuit's continuity. If those pan out, then either the head unit or the changer are faulty. The procedure gives the proper guidance.

Steve

Last edited by projectSHO89; 04-17-2007 at 09:39 AM.

Quick Reply: "NO CDDJ" on 2000 Expy Radio - Help!