Expedition / Navigator

Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Just bought a 2007 Expedition Limited, it came with the 18" chrome wheels and I want to get a set of the 20" OEM wheels. I've seen a few on eBay, but was wondering about the Tire Pressure Monitor System, what would I need to do if I bought new wheels tires to keep this function?

Old 04-25-2007, 10:24 PM
You need to buy rims that have sensors or you'll be buying them, to the tune of about a hundred a wheel at the dealer. I'm guessing here, but the 07 Expy probably has the same stlye sensors as my 07 F150. Which are the one's that are band mounted. I think earlier trucks had the valve stem mounted ones. So buy the right one's and find someone who can train the new sensors to your truck and you'll be fine.

Be sure to ask your ebay seller if the rims in question come with the factory sensors. The one's I picked up did, at no extra cost. So maybe you'll get lucky on that too..

Good luck

Old 04-25-2007, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the response, I'd assume worst case I can reuse the sensors in my current wheels, but I'm wondering if I find a set of takeoffs with the sensors is there anything that needs to be reprogrammed on the truck or are they all they same?

Quick Reply: Tire Pressure Monitoring System