Expedition / Navigator

driving lights on a 2k expy

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007 | 10:07 PM
|
driving lights on a 2k expy

Alright so I give up, how do you turn on the driving lights? I dont see a switch anywhere but there is a little icon near the headlight switch pointing down and there looks to be a light with the same icon on the headlight switch itself but thats all I can see. I dont have the factory owners manual but Im staring to think it might be $40 well spent.
Also does anyone know where to find the code for the keypad on the door? My understanding is it is hidden someplace inside. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 06-11-2007 | 09:25 PM
Pull out on your headlight switch to turn on the driving lights. The little downward pointing headlight icon should turn amber when the lights are on. I have heard the code for the keypad can be found on a sticker on the module for the keyless entry. The Expedition module might be located under the driver's side dash, but I'm not 100% sure. Maybe someone else can help on this. The code is also usually on a credit card sized plastic card that comes in the owner's manual packet, but it sounds like you don't have that anymore.

Old 06-13-2007 | 08:08 AM
TLA
The factory 5 digit code is under the dash on the driver side. Look up above the parking brake and you'll see it.

Old 06-13-2007 | 10:43 AM
Download a free copy of the owner's manual from www.fleet.ford.com under Maintenance.

Steve

Old 06-14-2007 | 01:21 PM
|
Thanks guys you are awesome. I would have never thought about pulling the **** for the lights, kind of an odd way to do it. I havent had a chance to look for the door code. I hurt my back pretty bad the other day at work so crawling under the dash wouldnt be a great idea right now. But at least now I know where to look, thanks again.

Old 08-08-2007 | 01:46 PM
your head lights ? mines turns, are some pull outs and others turn based ???

Old 08-10-2007 | 06:27 PM
On my 2000 Expedition, the headlight switch turns to turn on the lights and the headlight switch "pulls out to turn on the fog lights"

Quick Reply: driving lights on a 2k expy