Expedition / Navigator

Thirsty Seats?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 02:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thirsty Seats?

I finally found some Leather CPR and put some on the leather 'seating surfaces'(still don't know how I feel about such a small amount of leather on a 'leather interior'). I put three + coats on the front seats. Within 20 seconds of each coat being applied, it was gone. Meaning it either got soaked up by the leather or evaporated. Is this typical for Leather CPR or are these new seats(1000 miles) thirsty...

Old 06-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Its supposed to dry into the leather. I want to say (though I am not sure) that fords newest leather seating surfaces use Katzkin leather. That stuff is amazingly good leather and will tend to soak up conditioner quickly. That is a good thing though, just treat them monthly or so to keep them like new for as long as possible

Old 06-23-2007, 03:04 PM
The leather comes a bit dry from the factory. I think I'm on my 5th Ford with leather seats. Everyone soaked up at least 3 coats of leather conditioner when I got it home.

I tend to only apply it once every six months. More than that and the tan seats seem to hang on to dirt and look dingy. Most brands of conditioner/cleaner have warnings about putting too much on.

Quick Reply: Thirsty Seats?