Expedition / Navigator

2007 Expedition Radio + speaker install

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been reading this thread for a while now and today i had the speakers replaced (couldn't take the factory sound any longer), there is a big difference!!! It is much clearer and cleaner, sounds a whole lot better from low volume to high volume. IMO it's lacking in the mid range though, i'm assuming it's from the factory radio but i guess i'll find out next month when i put the Kenwood Nav in.

Front: Kicker 6x8 Components 45W (rms)

Rear: Kicker 6x8 2 way 35W (rms)

I guess i'll replace the sub next month as well, it sounds like it runs out of gas the higher the volume goes and it doesn't have a good bass responce. I want to keep the stock location though because i dont want the box in the back. MTX has a 200w (rms) 8" that should be enough for me, thats the way im leaning right now. If that doesn't work then either i'll have a fiberglass 10" enclosure made up or try to wait for JL to make a steath box.

Last edited by 07EddieExpy; 11-17-2007 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Buzzz
Another option that I see more and more are low profile subs in a box under the rear seats. Check ebay and such.
I have the power fold seats, AND want to be able to use them... thus I have no desire to install a tiny box under them (very little room there anyway)

Quick Reply: 2007 Expedition Radio + speaker install