Expedition / Navigator

1st time Ford owner..07' Expedition Eddie Bauer

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st time Ford owner..07' Expedition Eddie Bauer

Well, I never thought I would see the day, but lo and behold, here I am!

My wife and I have been looking at full-size SUV's for quite some time now, and being the GM guy that I am, we had been looking at Tahoe's and Yukon's. Well, after getting pretty much nowhere with any GM salesman anywhere, we decided to wait for a while. That is until my wife saw a new body style 07' Expedition. Well, me being the good husband that I am, I told her I would consider one, and that I would look into them. After doing some research, I found out that the new Expy. was kicking the GM's ***** in pretty much every category, except for hp of course, no biggie there though, as we weren't buying this vehicle for speed. Anyways, to make a long story short, we went and looked at a couple, found one that had the exact option that we wanted in the next town over, and the wife went and picked it up that night while I was at work.

So, now, here I am, sitting in our condo on the beach in Panama City Beach, FL, after driving the new truck down here the day after she picked it up with only 6 miles on it, and I gotta admit, I freakin' LOVE this truck. The fit and finish are great. The build quality is excellent. The interior is leaps and bounds above the GM's, not only in function and space, but also in appearance and features.

And the best thing of it all, the Ford was over $7K cheaper than a similarly equipped GM!

Did I mention how much I love this truck?!

I'm glad to be here guys/gals, and hope I can help out if needed.

Old 08-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Welcome to Ford country! I think you'll be quite pleased with your Expedition. I wish the wife could of held out for the 2007 model... it just looks awesome!

You hit the nail on the head... "fit & finish". That is one area where Ford excells now-a-days compared to GM/Chrysler/Toyota/Nissan. Even at work, our Chevy truck's interiors are falling apart and they require so much more maintenance than our Fords. Ford uses rather thick "Bio" plastic panels on the interiors. They definitely hold up better than the relatively inexpensive petroleum based plastics other makes use.

Price is another factor. Usually Fords are rather expensive compared to the competition. Just comparing my 2007 F-150 to a friend's 2007 Toyota, I got twice the truck he did, and my MSRP was $6000 less.

Old 08-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Welcome!!

We are also 1st time EXPY owners and we love the it! This is my wifes primary ride and we previously had a Lexus GX470 with absolutly everything in it and we were very very happy with it, especially the wife. When the 2nd child came along and the combination of the bench seat and small 3rd row, we decided to upgrade to a larger SUV again. She was hesitant because we had a 2000 Yukon Denali for about 4 years, that she hated because of the interior and the ride, so she didn't want to go to a full size again. Tell you what, the 07 EXPY is by far the best SUV we have ever had! As much as the Lexus was a great vehicle and the creature comforts were out of this world, the EXPY is better. Hard to believe coming from Ford, but they did a great job all around on this thing. We are both very happy and already have been on a couple of road trips!

Old 08-06-2007, 12:22 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Welcome! I traded an 03 Silverado in on my F150 so I know exactly what you mean about materials and fit. Also have a 2000 Expedition. They are great vehicles.

Quick Reply: 1st time Ford owner..07' Expedition Eddie Bauer