Expedition / Navigator

07 keyless code location?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 10:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 keyless code location?

I have an 07 limited that the dealer cannot find the code card. I purchased this car 1.5 hours from where i live and they want me to go back to their dealership so that it can be programmed. I have 4 dealerships in my hometown, anyone of them can do it correct? I just assume that they dont want to pay for it to be done.

I know the code should be in the car somewhere but i cannot locate it. I have looked under the e-brake area as well as under/behind the glove box. I just cannot seem to find it. Does anyone know where it is located on an 07? Thank you for all of your help!

Old 10-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by TIKT B8
I have an 07 limited that the dealer cannot find the code card. I purchased this car 1.5 hours from where i live and they want me to go back to their dealership so that it can be programmed. I have 4 dealerships in my hometown, anyone of them can do it correct? I just assume that they dont want to pay for it to be done.

I know the code should be in the car somewhere but i cannot locate it. I have looked under the e-brake area as well as under/behind the glove box. I just cannot seem to find it. Does anyone know where it is located on an 07? Thank you for all of your help!
i think it is down by the fuse box in the lower pass foot area. my wife has an 07 and i have played with the fuse box but wasnt looking for the modual. but i am pretty sure it is down there, you might have to pull the whole panel to find it.....

Old 10-19-2007, 10:58 AM
I had a plastic card in the little binder thing that the owners manual is in tucked away behind several other brochures and what not...might check there

Old 10-19-2007, 11:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I bought my truck, it was missing the code as well. The dealer, which is a 2 hours drive away had me go to the local dealer and get then to read the code. I paid for it and the dealer I purchased it from reimbursed me for the cost. Of course, I have a great relationship with that dealer and he had no problem with that. Also, had no floor mats which I ordered and was reimbursed for that as well.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:28 PM
I too think is it behind the plastic piece in the passengers foot well.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:29 PM
thanks! i will look tomorrow.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:40 PM
I looked today and took off the panel and could not find any code or anything by the fuse box. i am not sure where else to look.

Old 10-28-2007, 12:43 PM
I looked today and took off the panel and could not find any code or anything by the fuse box. i am not sure where else to look.
I hope SOMEONE knows where it's at and posts up....

Yes, I need to find mine for my '07 limited as well.

Old 10-28-2007, 01:01 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Petrol
I hope SOMEONE knows where it's at and posts up....

Yes, I need to find mine for my '07 limited as well.
NM - sorry - thought it was an F150 lol......

Last edited by MGDfan; 10-28-2007 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:16 PM
Technical Article Contributor

did you take just the lil panel that covers the fuse box off? if you take the whole kick-panel, there are a few more connections under there. i saw them when i was installing my wifes xm. but that was b4 this thread so i wasnt looking for anything but i do remember seeing more under there.....

Old 10-28-2007, 05:54 PM
I took off the whole thing and could not find it.

I called and griped to the dealership gm though and they are going to have me go to a local dealer to get the code and they are gonna foot the bill.

Old 10-29-2007, 08:26 AM
^^^ I'm hoping to get it without going through the whole stealership experiance . . . :santa:

Old 11-01-2007, 12:28 PM
When you get it program a code in you can remember easily. I put my birth date because I was born on the 9th, this works. May not work for some.

Old 11-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by Buzzz
When you get it program a code in you can remember easily. I put my birth date because I was born on the 9th, this works. May not work for some.
yea, I was able to program a very easy number in the keyless entry for my old '99 Expy...

But without the factory code for my '07, I'm dead in the water....

Old 11-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Don't know if they still put them there or not, but my wifes 04 is on the computer. For hers I just dropped down the glove box, looked back into the wiring harness until I saw the computer. Big lable on it with the door code printed on it.

Chris

Quick Reply: 07 keyless code location?