Expedition / Navigator

Expedition Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 10:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Expedition Mirrors

I tried searching for this, but couldn't seem to find what I was looking for. My wife's Expedition (07) has the mirrors that are heated with the puddle lamps (no turn signal). I would like to have the turn signals in the mirrors. I'm a recent (1 week old) Toyota convert. I know in Toyotas, a lot of the options are prewired even if you don't get the option. Will this be the case for these mirrors or should I plan on having to do some wiring work as well to get the turn signals working? Thanks so much!

Old 11-05-2007, 11:23 AM
So you want to put 07 Exy mirrors on a Tundra?

Old 11-05-2007, 11:44 AM
No, I was wanting to upgrade the mirrors on my wife's 07 Expedition She has the mirrors that are heated with the puddle lamps. I would like to replace them with the mirrors that are heated, puddle lamps, and turn signals. Sorry for the confusion. I was primarily wanting to know if they would be plug and play or would I need to do some wiring work to get them working correctly.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by omg_lol_hi
No, I was wanting to upgrade the mirrors on my wife's 07 Expedition She has the mirrors that are heated with the puddle lamps. I would like to replace them with the mirrors that are heated, puddle lamps, and turn signals. Sorry for the confusion. I was primarily wanting to know if they would be plug and play or would I need to do some wiring work to get them working correctly.

Oh, gotcha. Hmm. That's a tough one. My Eddie Bauer has the mirrors you want but I am not sure what turns on the heated part. Maybe the automatic climate control? I think this is the key. Having a plug for the heated portion may not be enough if your missing the piece that gives the mirror the signal. I guess the cheapest thing is to pull the mirror off and see if there is extra wiring. Also, post a q in the F150 section asking if anyone has upgraded their mirrors.

Old 11-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by Buzzz
My Eddie Bauer has the mirrors you want but I am not sure what turns on the heated part
The heater is activated by the rear window defrost.

Originally Posted by Buzzz
Having a plug for the heated portion may not be enough if your missing the piece that gives the mirror the signal. I guess the cheapest thing is to pull the mirror off and see if there is extra wiring. Also, post a q in the F150 section asking if anyone has upgraded their mirrors.
I looked into this when I had a 2000 XLT, and its wing mirrors were not prewired for signals. Had to do a whole bunch of retrofit wiring. Strangely enough, it was prewired for fog lamps...

Old 11-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Global Moderator &
Administrator
Contributor
Super Moderator
Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
the wires are there in the kick panel, but either need to be extended from panel to rear of mirror, or you need to buy the corrisponding harness.

(this is true on the 04-08 F150s, i assume thats how they are doing the expys too)
-Patrick

Old 11-09-2007, 12:01 AM
I switched from signal mirrors to heated mirrors in my 99. It was pre wired. I took off my door panel, unplugged the mirror, turned on the blinkers & used a test light to verify that I could switch. Good luck~

Quick Reply: Expedition Mirrors