Expedition / Navigator

Colored Mirriors

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 07:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Colored Mirriors

well i always like detials on car and it bugs me that my expedition mirriors are plastic black and i want them to look like the lincoln navigator mirriors having paint, but i don't want to buy lincoln navigator mirriors, so i was wodnering if i could take it to the dealer and have them paint the mirriors, but i also wanted to know if the paint would chip off or anything, or there any other suggestions yall have to do what i want?

heres a photoshopped image of what i want:

Old 11-22-2007, 11:00 AM
It could probably be done, but there would be a bit of bodywork labour involved to "fill" the mirror cap surface to make it nice and smooth to accept paint. Probably involves special primer and paint. In the end, it might be cheaper to just buy the Navigator caps.

Old 11-22-2007, 01:59 PM
any idea how much it would cost??? because i remember crashed errm broke my mirrior and it cost me $500 for just one of the mirriors... so yeah, do you have any idea how much it would be? oh and also the chrome moldeinggs on the windows of the navigator would those fit a expedition?? also the chrome roof rack of the navigator would that also fir the expedition?? please if you write back give me an estiamte of how much each of these would cost

Old 11-23-2007, 04:16 PM
I have no idea on how much that would cost. I only know that when guys get the black wheel arches on their MINI Cooper painted & colour matched, they spend of couple of grand due to plastic prep etc.

The Expedition's mirror cap is made of the same sort of material & texture.

Old 11-24-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by expedition4x4
any idea how much it would cost??? oh and also the chrome moldeinggs on the windows of the navigator would those fit a expedition?? please if you write back give me an estiamte of how much each of these would cost
I went and priced these out at the the dealer the other day and it was $500+ for these 6 pieces of chrome under the windows.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:43 PM
well for the chrome pieces i might just buy the chrome tape and paste it on there to make look alikes until i have enough money to get the real one, and i'm thinking of going to the junk yard to get the mirror caps and the chrome pieces, well i'm hoping their a good price that's alot of money though...

Old 12-01-2007, 04:36 PM
I got a set of Mirrors off a Expedition Limited on Ebay for $75.00 And had them Painted to match my Truck. They look great.

Old 12-09-2007, 12:44 AM
you got any pics???

Quick Reply: Colored Mirriors