Expedition / Navigator

Removing Power Mirror Switch

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Removing Power Mirror Switch

I have a '03 Expedition XLT and the power mirror switch only works sometimes. I'd like to try cleaning the contacts before I buy a new switch, but I can't see how to remove the switch from the door. Any suggestions?

Old 12-04-2007, 11:16 AM
The panel it is in should come right off. I know my 98 does anyways and the book just says remove. Most of your interior, if you dont see how to get it off, most likely just snaps on and off. If your's is like mine, the window controls and the mirror control are on the same panel.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:56 AM
So it just snaps off, you say?

Hmmm, I've always thought about removing it since I never use it (the mirrors never more the way I want them to anyways.) Maybe I could put a switch there for something else. Now that would look stealth.

Old 12-04-2007, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by derek7871
I have a '03 Expedition XLT and the power mirror switch only works sometimes. I'd like to try cleaning the contacts before I buy a new switch, but I can't see how to remove the switch from the door. Any suggestions?
You lift up on the entire plastic section that houses the switches. Grab a hold of the lip that faces the center and lift upwards. Then unplug all of them and use a couple of screwdrivers to remove the specific switch you need.

Old 12-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by ELVATO
So it just snaps off, you say?

Hmmm, I've always thought about removing it since I never use it (the mirrors never more the way I want them to anyways.) Maybe I could put a switch there for something else. Now that would look stealth.
Yea, I don't use mine either. Seems when I do try to use the switch, the mirroes get a mind of their own. I just reach out and put it where I want it, and, DARE anyone to move it. LMAO

Quick Reply: Removing Power Mirror Switch