Expedition / Navigator

Air suspension ride height

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 07:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Air suspension ride height

Came out of the store tonite with my 1999 Expedition running and noticed that it seemed to lean to the right. Threw a tape measure on it at home with engine/compressor running and sure enough, 4 different ride heights on all 4 corners. Truck is stock with factory air suspension. Anyone else have this issue and can you point me in the right direction to correct. I am suspecting a blocked or leaking airline "BUT" my compressor does not run all the time, (as in a leaking line) and the heights are all the same when truck is off and lines have bled down. Not sure what to do.

Old 12-08-2007, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by deerhunter7979
Came out of the store tonite with my 1999 Expedition running and noticed that it seemed to lean to the right. Threw a tape measure on it at home with engine/compressor running and sure enough, 4 different ride heights on all 4 corners. Truck is stock with factory air suspension. Anyone else have this issue and can you point me in the right direction to correct. I am suspecting a blocked or leaking airline "BUT" my compressor does not run all the time, (as in a leaking line) and the heights are all the same when truck is off and lines have bled down. Not sure what to do.

Most likely one of the front ride hieght sensors is not working correctly. The rear only uses one sensor so the "tilting" problem would most likely be a front sensor out of wack. I would think that a kinked line in the back or anywhere else would not be a likely scenario. Good luck.

Old 12-08-2007, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by MHMCGILL
Most likely one of the front ride hieght sensors is not working correctly. The rear only uses one sensor so the "tilting" problem would most likely be a front sensor out of wack. I would think that a kinked line in the back or anywhere else would not be a likely scenario. Good luck.

Thanks for the info. Would you or anyone else happen to have a pic of what the sensor looks like and where it is located?

Old 12-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Question

OK....I got under and took a look. Found the sensors. One on the rear axle just to the left of the diff. One behind left front tire to rear of upper control arm. Now I am even more confused....how is it that my right side is lower in all modes. Approx 2" lower. System fills up and all four corners rise in drive, park and 4low, with 4low being the highest. BUT*****right side still lower. How does only one ride hiehht sensor control one side or the other. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks

Quick Reply: Air suspension ride height