Expedition / Navigator

Help with Rear Vid Cam Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 08:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with Rear Vid Cam Install

Hello Everyone - I'm a n00b here, so if this isn't in the right area please move it.

I have a 2007 Expy and just installed the Kenwood DNX-7100. Everything is great except that I want to install the camera module for this and it requires that I tap into a wire to detect when I put the vehicle in reverse for it to change to the rear view camera.

Naturally I don't have a wiring chart and would like any suggestions. Was thinking the rear lights but didn't know how much work it would be to find that wire to splice into.

Thanks,
Bish.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by tehbishop
Hello Everyone - I'm a n00b here, so if this isn't in the right area please move it.

I have a 2007 Expy and just installed the Kenwood DNX-7100. Everything is great except that I want to install the camera module for this and it requires that I tap into a wire to detect when I put the vehicle in reverse for it to change to the rear view camera.

Naturally I don't have a wiring chart and would like any suggestions. Was thinking the rear lights but didn't know how much work it would be to find that wire to splice into.

Thanks,
Bish.
Reverse wire is shown to be a green with brown stripe wire located in the passenger side kick panel or under the harness under the driver's side rear door sill plate. Basically the wire runs to just behind the passenger front seat and then shoots over to the drivers side then continues to the rear. This wire will show 12 volts positive when the shifter is put in reverse.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:46 AM
I have an '07 Limited and would like to know how hard and expensive it would be to get the new OEM reverse camera / mirror screen in...

Quick Reply: Help with Rear Vid Cam Install