Expedition / Navigator

Squeek in my front end (help)

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 11:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Squeek in my front end (help)

when getting in my expy it squeeks, when truning the wheel it squeeks and drive down the street it squeeks. Put new shocks on and the squeek is worse. need help. Thanks

Old 03-16-2008, 11:09 AM
check your ball joints. and also check you tie rods. they may have split and lost their grease...

Old 03-16-2008, 11:16 AM
the squeek sounds as if it is comeing from the lower a-arm bushing, but then it does squeek when i trun the wheel, more if i turn to the drives side.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:23 AM
well when you turn your wheel the arm may move slightly as the truck levels off. are they cracked and weathered. maybe try spraying some lube on the a arm bushings and see if it helps. if not i would start looking at ball joints. lower and upper. then tie rods

i replaced my upper ball joint and control arm(they come together) was easy and mad a huge difference in my ride. plus the new ones have grease fittings in them

Old 03-16-2008, 11:29 AM
whats the cost, and if you do one side should you do bolth?

Old 03-16-2008, 11:34 AM
depends on upper or lower. lower has to be pressed in. so a shop will have to do it. uppers come pressed in a new upper arm with new bushings. they ran 120 pass 140 drivers if im not mistaken. took about half hour each. real strait forward. you have to get an alignment after.

not necessary to do both if the other is good. its up to you. dont buy from ford though they have high prices..

i would go to a shop and get them to give a quick look. (just inspect it in the parking lot) then go from there

Old 03-16-2008, 11:40 AM
Hay, thanks for the help. the truck is set to go into the shop (Fords) to be looked at, (my lil bro runs a ford dealer, get things done cheep) Thanks For The Help.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by Spoon-Man
Hay, thanks for the help. the truck is set to go into the shop (Fords) to be looked at, (my lil bro runs a ford dealer, get things done cheep) Thanks For The Help.

I got some Moogs online and with the directions here and another site dusted both of them in about 4hrs. Im talking of the lowers only. Advanced auto had the Mad Ball Joint Press that made the job really simple. My squeak is history. I was only gonna do one side but it was pretty simple so I poppe the other one too.

Its only nuts and bolts. Someone else one this site said that...LOL

Quick Reply: Squeek in my front end (help)