Expedition / Navigator

2007 + Expy Questions from a Truck guy

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My experience...

We have 3 car seats in our 2007 Expedition EL. We have two year old twins and a three year old. We went with the second row captain's chairs so that we could separate them all but still be able to get to them. We have one car seat on the second row and two on the third. We keep one of the captain's chair flipped up when no one is riding there so that we can get them in and out easily. Needless to say, it handles all of us beautifully and I would highly recommend an EL especially if you intend to use the third row for seating as there is virtually no storage behind the seat in a regular length.

As for MPG, this ain't a Prius If my wife is driving, she gets around 14.5 from mixed driving. She thinks we should be the first ones out of a redlight and should hit cruising speed in about 30 feet If I am driving, I can get around 15 in town and as much as 21 on the interstate. This thing loves the interstate!

The third row is comfortable for adults since it has independent rear suspension. Your knees aren't crammed up under your chin like in a Yukon or Tahoe. The seat rides comfortably and there is ample room for an adult. Even with two car seats on the back seat there is still room for an adult.

As to your later post about your shopping. We bought our XLT EL brand new for $31,000 so that price they gave you seems a bit high. Ours has the second row captain's chairs and the rear seat DVD system. Other than that, it is fairly plain. We don't like leather seats so that wasn't an issue for us. The only thing that it doesn't have that drives me nuts is audio controls on the steering wheel!

If you would like to know more about our experience with our Expedition, just let me know. As someone who is already in your situation, I extend you my condolences. If it hadn't been for the whiskey, I probably wouldn't have made it this far

Old 04-15-2008, 11:35 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by omg_lol_hi
As someone who is already in your situation, I extend you my condolences. If it hadn't been for the whiskey, I probably wouldn't have made it this far
I'm thinking something similar will be needed for me...

thanks for the info, but I ended up getting another brand of SUV. Ford and Chevy were just ridiculous $$$...and then I ran across a 2005 Durango AWD Limited with the Hemi. I paid $20k for it.

Still not crazy about owning a Dodge, but it's been a great vehicle so far, and I have to admit the Hemi is a beastly motor. and yet, it gets 14-15 mpg...

again, thanks guys

Quick Reply: 2007 + Expy Questions from a Truck guy