Expedition / Navigator

Just bought a 2005 Expedition XLS. I have some questions..

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 11:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bought a 2005 Expedition XLS. I have some questions..

I just picked up a nice white 2005 XLS base trim model today for $13,500. It has 23,000 miles on it. Anyway it has the class 3 hitch but im unsure what axel gearing it has. The door tag inside the drivers door gives axel code "16". Also the truck came with only one single key and no key fob. Does this truck have a remote keyfob that unlocks the doors? If so I will buy one on EBay or something but I dont want to buy one if the truck does not have that feature. I will only be using the truck to tow my 1993 Calilfornia Highway Patrol car ( which you can see here.. www.fotki.com/sparksvt ) and for when I have all four kids of mine to move at one time. Otherwise im driving my gas efficent Hyundai Accent for my work commute all week and the wife is in the 2007 Nissan Altima which is also good on gas.

Thanks!

Chris

Old 04-20-2008, 12:31 PM
esf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3.73 gears. I can't help you with the keyfob question. Maybe call a dealer and supply them with the VIN number? Maybe they can look it up. Maybe theres a way to tell just by looking around the truck that someone knows. I don't know. I would imagine it has that option though. I don't see too many vehicles anymore that don't have it.

Quick Reply: Just bought a 2005 Expedition XLS. I have some questions..