Expedition / Navigator

Considering Used 2008 Expy EL - Have Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Considering Used 2008 Expy EL - Have Questions

So, the wife and I have been considering trading up to a little larger vehicle and an Expedition seems to be the vehicle of choice. Yesterday afternoon, I found a used 2008 Eddie Bauer Expedition EL with about 20k on the ticker that seems pretty nice.

What can we expect for fuel economy? I see in my Truck Trend that the Expedition does better than the Tahoe in most departments and excels with the 6-speed transmission. They report something like 20 on the highway and 17-18 around town, if I recall correctly.

Can some of you who have 2007-2008 Expeditions share with me your likes, dislikes, fuel economy, etc… Does anybody tow with theirs? Is our 6,000# Travel Trailer out of the question?

Old 04-24-2008, 10:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 2007 EL and I don't think there were any changes between the 2007 and 2008. Running the interstate with no load, I get around 20 MPG on average and have gotten as high as 21.5. Around town, I usually get 16ish and if my wife is driving, she gets around 14-15. See thinks we have to be the first one out of the light and hit cruising speed in 30 ft. We tow our 6,000 lb. TT with no problems. The EL has the 5.4 standard so there is enough engine to pull it. Ours had the heavy duty towing package so it was prewired for the brake controller. It was plug and play. Overall, we love everything about this vehicle. One of my dislikes, though, is that are no towing mirrors for it. Ford does not make any and I have not been able to locate an aftermarket set that will fit the mirrors properly. Of course, I am particular about how things look and I want them to look like they belong there.

Quick Reply: Considering Used 2008 Expy EL - Have Questions