Expedition / Navigator

98 Expy EB Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008 | 06:08 PM
|
98 Expy EB Problems

Hey all. I got a 98 Expy EB 5.4l in March. I am having a few problems with it. Some have been there since I got it, and some just recently. Any help is appreciated.

First of the sunroof wont go into the vent position. It did once when I first got it, and not it wont at all. When I hit the button to go to vent, there is a slight pop and then nothing. It opens and closes fully just fine, just wont vent. Any ideas on what to look at/for?

Next major problem is, I accidentally left my windows down and sunroof open the other night and it rained heavily. My cup holders were almost full with water. Now my wipers wont turn off. Im going to try going to the parts yard and get a different GEM Module and fuse box. Just have to wait a few days. Which fuse is the wiper? Im going to have to pull the fuse until I get a chance to climb under the dash and work on those parts.

Finally, my the temp setting on my heater controls is stuck on the hottest setting. Im going to get another set of controls from the parts yard when I get the GEM mod and fuse box. The temp dial doesnt feel right when I turn it, its almost like there is no tension behind it. At least it doesnt feel like my 97 F-150 did. Is there anything else to check if that doesnt work? Its going to start getting hot soon and even though gas is pricey, a/c would be nice once in a while.

Thanks for your time, and any help is greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: 98 Expy EB Problems