Expedition / Navigator

Rear wiper squirts INSIDE the expy!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008 | 09:40 PM
|
Rear wiper squirts INSIDE the expy!

Sounds weird but my 01 expedition (80k on the 'dometer) has had the intermittent rear wiper prob. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. Well I went to see if it was gonna work today, it was on already so I justed turned the squirters on. Look in my rear view and nothing on the back glass. "Thats weird" I thought, until I saw something dripping out my dome light...any ideas? Also would this be something ford covers as it could be a potential safety hazard? Chemicals etc leaking in the cab? I only ask as I am in management for a large manufacturer/retailer and any safety issues, smell of smoke etc get fixed replaced no matter how old or expired the warranty is.

Old 05-20-2008 | 10:55 PM
Instead of seeing if you can get a "freebie" from Ford, why don't you fix it yourself. Remove the headliner and find out where the washer fluid tube is broken/cracked. After all, the vehicle is 7 years old.............

Old 05-20-2008 | 11:48 PM
|
I'll pay before I try to fix it, have more than enough to do without taking on that kind of project. Not looking for a freebie, already have an appt with a dealer. Just a question out of curiousity. I have the overhead console w/ rear overhead air controls, rear air, and its a one piece liner, not gonna be fun.

Old 05-31-2008 | 12:58 PM
I don't see leaking washer fluid on a 12v system as a safety hazard. The tube carrying the fluid has probably rotted or came undone at a connection under the head liner.Pull the weatherstripping away, peel the headliner down, find the leak and fix it.

Quick Reply: Rear wiper squirts INSIDE the expy!