Expedition / Navigator

Keyless Entry

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Keyless Entry

I just bought a 2001 XLT Sport, and of course it didn't come with the keyless code. Can anyone tell me where teh module is?

Old 12-01-2008, 05:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Glen R
I just bought a 2001 XLT Sport, and of course it didn't come with the keyless code. Can anyone tell me where teh module is?
A dealer should be able to look up the VIN# and get the code assuming it wasn't changed. If that is the case, they should be able to reset it for you. I am not very familiar with it for DIY...

Old 12-01-2008, 06:27 AM
The dealer said it is not saved in their system by VIN. They actually just hook it up to teh diagnostics,, and down load it. Just hate to pay them 20 bucks, if I can find teh number on the side of the module.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:17 PM
The dealer said it is not saved in their system by VIN. They actually just hook it up to teh diagnostics,, and down load it. Just hate to pay them 20 bucks, if I can find teh number on the side of the module.
Well, IMO, the 20 bucks is a non issue. But, the module, (not 100% sure) in most general cases are located under the dash near the steering column. Even if there is a code on the module, there is not a 100% guarantee that the previous owner didn't change it when they bought it. This is why you would be better off, paying the 20 than tearing the box out, just to find you have to put it all back and spend the 20 anyways...

Good Luck!

Old 12-01-2008, 02:11 PM
That was pretty much my opinion. It just a matter when I will have time to get by the dealer. I figured if it wasn't a royal pain to get to, I'd give it a shot. On my paraents Explorer it was on the module behind the rt rear quarter trim.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Uodate

I did a litle more research online, nd found out teh module is under the dash on the driver side. I managed to sit on teh nerf bar and look under with out too much trouble. It is real easy to find. It is a white box labeled keyless entry/ security module, with the number printed right on the front. I now have keyless entry that works.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:34 AM
I did a litle more research online, nd found out teh module is under the dash on the driver side. I managed to sit on teh nerf bar and look under with out too much trouble. It is real easy to find. It is a white box labeled keyless entry/ security module, with the number printed right on the front. I now have keyless entry that works.
Good Deal!

Glad to hear it wasn't too big of a deal. Saved you 20 bucks, that I would have spent. LMAO!

Good thing the previous owner didn't change the code on ya.

Trending Topics

Old 12-02-2008, 12:07 PM
From everything I read, the factiry code always works, and then you can ad up to three "new" codes. I also found instructions on how to delete any of these custom codes, and ad new ones.

Old 12-02-2008, 12:58 PM
partially correct, a dealer can change the master code if need be.

Old 12-02-2008, 03:18 PM
From everything I read, the factiry code always works, and then you can ad up to three "new" codes. I also found instructions on how to delete any of these custom codes, and ad new ones.
It never fails. I always learn something new when I get on here.

Is there any way that you might be able to find those links you researched, and, post them here? This way, the rest of the people that may have any questions about this same subject can go right there, and, get the same info. Can never have too much for our FORDS on the #1 Ford forum there is.

Old 12-02-2008, 04:47 PM
Here is a link that has instructions to reprogram. Not sure if this is teh smae one I had, I will have to look at what I printed when I get home.

http://www.fordf150.net/howto/keypad1.php

Here is the one, I actually used.

http://where-is-the-ford-keypad-inst....blogspot.com/

Last edited by Glen R; 12-02-2008 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Here is a link that has instructions to reprogram. Not sure if this is teh smae one I had, I will have to look at what I printed when I get home.

http://www.fordf150.net/howto/keypad1.php

Here is the one, I actually used.

http://where-is-the-ford-keypad-inst....blogspot.com/
Thanks for the post with links. I' ve had this EXPY for 5 years, and had to know the previous owners son's birthday by heart to get in with the keyless entry!

Now its MY Birthday!

Thanks

Old 06-29-2009, 02:43 AM
2004 expedition code location - passenger side behind and above fuse box - on a sticker

Quick Reply: Keyless Entry